Solved seek by 5s or just less than 30s
I ma not sure if this is a request/support question, but I can't get XBMC to seek by less than 30seconds while playing a video - this is annoying when I'm trying to skip a series starter or titles...

Is there a way to do it? I have modified keyboard.xml like so:
Code:
<left>StepBack</left>
<right>StepForward</right>
check advancedsettings: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml

timeseekforward, timeseekbackward is what you are looking for.
Thank you! I'm using XBMC with extensive mods for two years and did not know about this feature!

Much appreciated!
If you're using timeseekforwardbig/timeseekbackwardbig be aware it may not work as you expect. If the video has chapters these settings are ignored and instead the big jumps go to the next/previous chapter mark.
(2013-10-31, 17:07)TugboatBill Wrote: If you're using timeseekforwardbig/timeseekbackwardbig be aware it may not work as you expect. If the video has chapters these settings are ignored and instead the big jumps go to the next/previous chapter mark.

true in frodo, not in gotham: Action_IDs (wiki)
Using the StepForward, StepBack, and smallstepback will approximate what I've been doing until now (30sbigFwd, 15sBigBack, 5s small fwd/back). For me Gotham is less usable in this area as being able to set the big/small to the exact value is better.

I view 7s as too large for TV shows for small steps and apparently Gotham won't have a small step forward anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
seek by 5s or just less than 30s0