OPENELEC and Hauppage PVR-250
Hy @ll,
i´m new to Openelec, i´ve searched many hours for my problem, and also posted it in the OE Forum, but no answer, so i´ll be in hope to have now here more success...

As i have seen in many threads the Hauppage PVR-150 and PVR-250 Cards are running with TVHEADEND - but... my brandnew Openelec with Tvheadend could not find the card...

Do you have a solution for me as a OE-newby?

regards

Pacha
Are you sure it's supposed to work out of the box? I couldn't find anything regarding it.
In former installations i've running it with the cards, but not with openelec - so it can ne that the drivers for the Cards are not included in openelec yet, but my Knowledge is not big enough to Check it for myself, do you have experience in it?
Your front-end software (Openelec) doesn't care what tuner cards your back-end (TVHeadend) is using. You need to research if your card is supported by TVheadend and how to set it up.
Ok - i've read some threads - and the Card is working with tvheadend - but there is no Information about the setup or Installation....
(2013-11-03, 17:10)t-magnus Wrote: Your front-end software (Openelec) doesn't care what tuner cards your back-end (TVHeadend) is using. You need to research if your card is supported by TVheadend and how to set it up.

This is not Windows, all cards work as long as there are drivers in the kernel. I guess Openelec doesn't ship with drivers for this particular tuner, or there's some firmware file missing. You should dmesg to see if that's the case.
(2013-11-04, 01:08)negge Wrote: This is not Windows, all cards work as long as there are drivers in the kernel. I guess Openelec doesn't ship with drivers for this particular tuner, or there's some firmware file missing. You should dmesg to see if that's the case.

Ahh my bad. I didn't realize TVHeadend was installed on a OpenElec install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPENELEC and Hauppage PVR-2500