MOBO, CPU help for first xbmc HTPC build (completly fanless)
Hi, im planning on building my first HTPC for XBMC and im gonna use this build as pretty much a sort of HOWTO, expect from the server side, i will not be putting any HDD's in my HTPC, i will only run it on a single SSD on 120 gb.

Since the blog im gonna use as a HOWTO is "old" (January 2013) and it has since then came out new and possibly better suited hardware wich i am not up to date on i tought it was best to check in with you guys on what hardware to choose, especially MOBO and CPU.

In the blogpost i linked he used the ASUS P8H77-M PRO MOBO, is this still a good choice? or is there better, maybe cheaper, higher performing alternatives out?

I guess there are better suited CPU's available also?

It's important that the MOBO works well with linux as i will be running xbmc on some flavour of ubuntu (kubuntu/xubuntu).

Hardware list as of now:

Case: Streacom FC8B EVO
Mainboard: ?
CPU: ?
RAM: Some corsair 2x4GB 1.35V i guess.
PSU: picoPSU-150-XT with a 120W AC/DC Adapter (incl. one Y-cable 1xMolex->2xSATA)
1x SSD: Iv'e got an intel one on 120 gb, should be just fine.
1x BD Drive: Sony Optiarc BD-5850H — 81€
- Lots of cables and adapters to make the whole thing play together Smile

So, does anyone have any input on MOBO/CPU for my build? the lower power consumption the better, but i still want performance so the like of ION etc is not an option.

Sorry for my bad english and sentence build up etc, english is not my native language :/
Equaly overkill:
I3 4340
ASUS H87M-PRO
And, this mobo has the same excellent Linux support as the one in the bloggpost i linked? :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOBO, CPU help for first xbmc HTPC build (completly fanless)0