Downloaded Source
since the integration of the trainers facility with xbmc, it had me pondering on the idea of getting hold of the xbmc sources in order to tinker with them and create an integrated download system that queries a php script with the title id of the game and receives the appropriate selection of trainers in response.
having downloaded the source from cvs earlier, i'm now faced with the challenge of working out how the various aspects of the gui are implemented, and what classes are available for either rapidly churning out a gui, and also instantiating a class to chat with a server over http, and download ad nauseum.
having had a look around on the official site, i haven't found much in the way of documentation of the source code, so i was wondering if anybody can point me to some, or just throw the relevant info at me, - that or there's a comprehensive text file in that cvs download i didn't find, either way, it'll save me a lot of time over having a jolly through the code and jotting down notes to get a grip on how its done.

cheers
olipro
i think some of the code is commented with doxygen, see devmanual.rar and doxyfile.in inside the \xbmc\docs\ folder in the source code, ...you might even be able to run doxygen to get a fresh list(?)

edit: ps! about what you're actually trying to code; checkout "gamma-x", it's a python script that does something similar and could maybe be ported to c++ in order to integrate into xbmc nativly? Wink

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hmm, i can probably get as much info from vs.net, but thanks for pointing it out.
still, whilst in the process of removing the kai-> trainer disabling i've thrown some code in here and there to get some sort of understanding, just need to convince it to invoke a form of menu, and perhaps then to have a nice chat with an http server, ideally i'll optimise it into an asynchronous thread, but i'm trés lazy.
(olipro @ jan. 28 2006,03:13 Wrote:still, whilst in the process of removing the kai-> trainer disabling
say what Huh No

i hope you realize we disabled kai for trainers on a purpose Huh

don't be such a f***ing loser and cheat online!!!

(yes i'm upset) Shocked

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes, i realise that, but i don't actually play kai, and if i do, i don't cheat.
however, i do use it to talk/msg people, and find it rather annoying that i can't use the trainers with kai running.

secondly, i have no intention of distributing the modification, anyone with half a brain can re-enable it themselves.

thirdly, i used to use the pc kai interface, if i really wanted to cheat, i'd just have used evox and the pc interface, and i'm pretty sure that most people who use the xbmc implementation are smart enough to switch over to evox and pop into the appropriate arena from their computer if they genuinely want to cheat, so it's really redundant in my humble opinion.

but, staying on topic; any relevant info available from anyone? specifically, going through the motions of intercepting a button click call and then displaying a gui - i've setup a button that appears if there's no associated trainer, haven't bothered taking it any further just yet, i'll start eyeing up the code in more detail if nothing is forthcoming, it's good to be conformist.
well, atleast i can give u some hints.

xbmc/utils/http.h/cpp - for http stuff

xbmc/guidialog*,guilib/guidialog* - for dialogs.

best way to figure out how stuff works, besides looking at the apis, is simply grep'ing through the source for examples.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downloaded Source0