HTPC with internal storage
Hi guys,

I've got a question about this build : http://mymediaexperience.com/htpc-builds/budget-htpc/
As I have a hard drive lying around I would like to re use this one.
Would this be possible with the build I proposed ? maybe get a bigger case so it fits ?

Greetz Gyz.
i'd be concerned about putting a 7200rpm drive in that case, it would get too hot.
Thx for the advice, that's why I'm asking as I'm a bit of a hardware noob... :p
After weeks of consideration I think got my build right, can everybody please critize it ?

Build:

Case : FRACTAL DESIGN Pc-case Design Node 304 - mini ITX
Processor : AMD A6-5400K Black Edition - 3,60 GHz - Socket FM2
Motherboard : MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 - Socket FM2 - Chipset A75 - Mini-ITX
Hard drive : SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120 - Solid state drive - 120 GB - intern - 2.5"
Memory : KINGSTON HyperX blu PC-geheugen - 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9

Total cost : € 364

I wanted a HTPC with internal storage as I don't have the money yet to buy a NAS.
I think people use tht Fractal Case to build SFF NAS setups, so it should be fine holding your HTPC with an additional hdd (or two or three?)

I can't really comment on the AMD setup, i'm not sure which ones are which, how their onboard video works in XBMC, driver support, OS support, etc.

Any idea what OS you are planning on doing?
You could add up to 6 HDD's in the fractal case ! I'm planning to buy a NAS but that's for next year or the year after that ( still a student ).
I got the build from this site. Maybe this will help you, he mentioned the AMD processor.
I'm planning to use openelec xbmc Smile

Greetz
You should make a build log and post it up in the hardware forum when you get the parts
I will when I build it Wink
(2013-11-01, 21:48)Gyzmo Wrote: After weeks of consideration I think got my build right, can everybody please critize it ?

Build:

Case : FRACTAL DESIGN Pc-case Design Node 304 - mini ITX
Processor : AMD A6-5400K Black Edition - 3,60 GHz - Socket FM2
Motherboard : MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 - Socket FM2 - Chipset A75 - Mini-ITX
Hard drive : SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120 - Solid state drive - 120 GB - intern - 2.5"
Memory : KINGSTON HyperX blu PC-geheugen - 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9

Total cost : € 364

I wanted a HTPC with internal storage as I don't have the money yet to buy a NAS.

Motherboard has only 4 sata slots..
Fractal 304 can hold up to 6 disks...

You can also check a build i did for a friend.. based on Fractal 304
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176147
Does Openelec work with AMD onboard GPU?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC with internal storage0