Question for dir structure
Hello guys,

I am using the ember media manager for the first time now. May you please help me with a bit advice here?

I have a lot of series. The structure is as shown:

HDD G:

Series I

Burn Notice (de, eng) (2007 - )
--------(De)
-------------S01
-------------S02
--------(Eng)
-------------S01
-------------S02
-------------S03

King of Queens (de, eng) (complete) (2003 - 2009)
--------(De, Eng)
-------------S01
-------------S02

First folder is the HDD, then "Series I". In Series I are all the Series, with name of the Series, then written in bracelets the languages (De = German, Eng = Englisch). The next subfolder is then the Language folder and in this are the seasons.

When I have a dual language Series, then it is stored in (De, Eng).

Here is the thing now:

How can I let ember media manger automatically discover that it is one series in different languages? At the moment it is searching and saying (de) is a own series and not a language of the for example Burn Notice series.

Do you have any ideas what can I do better?

Even if it is recognizing it, the problem is, that in XMBC it is shown as one series and all the different language episoded are double... How can I solve my problem?

thank you so much
I had a similar issue. The only solutions for me currently was to change my dir structure and do a 2-pass scan. New dir structure is:

Series_DE
---Burn Notice (2007 - )
----------S01
----------S02
----------S01

Series_EN
---Burn Notice (2007 - )
----------S01
----------S02
----------S03
----------S01

In the second scan, I change the source paths and switch to English as language.
Thank you so much for your answer and great that somebody is sharing the same problem.

Can you please tell me how I can change the language? I am really new to this software.

If the language is changed, can this be seen in the xbmc?
You can change the language in "Settings -> TV Series -> Scraper -> Preferred Language". As for xbmc I cannot tell you since I do not use it.
Thank you monk Smile.

May I ask which one you use instead? Because we have nearly the same problem here, are you using the "Media Portal", or just a player?
I'm using a Xtreamer Sidewinder Player.
Although I have a NAS running on Linux, two Raspberry PIs, I still like the simple "power on and play movie" approach. Maybe when I have some time to spare I go for a HTPC with xmbc
Ok, I like the idea too.

Thank you for your time and help!
(2013-11-02, 08:48)Monk Wrote: In the second scan, I change the source paths and switch to English as language.
I have the same problem with the same solution

Only difference:
I use 2 seperate Ember-Installations. One is configured with the first directory as source to scrape in english, one is configured with the second directory as source to scrape in german.

If I scrape an english series for the first time then I add "(OT)" to the name of the series in the edit window (OT = Originalton = original audio).

After an update in XBMC there appear two entries for the series because they now have "different" names Smile If you dont do this I think XBMC will merge both versions under one entry and you will have each episode
twice in the episode view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question for dir structure0