mythtv 0.27 on linux and xbmc on windows
Hello,

I am new to this forum and also to xbmc itself. I was using MediaPortal for long time, but I like solutions working on both os, windows and linux. I allready used xbmc a bit in the last months, but without the tv feature, now i try to configure a one backend + multiple frontends setup. These are my (main) systems:

backend configuration:
cpu: Intel Pentium G2020T 2x 2.50GHz
board: DB75EN
memory: 8GB Kingston ValueSelect DDR3
system drive: 32GB Sandisc SSD (ext4+swap)
storage drive: 2TB Western Digital RE4 7200RPM HDD (ext4)
tv card: Digital Devices cine S2 V6.5
graphics: Intel Integrated
screen: CRT, just for configuration

first frontend:
cpu: AMD Phenom X4 910e
board: Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
memory: 12GB Kingston ValueSelect DDR3
system drive: 500GB Western Digital CaviarBlue 7200RPM HDD (ntfs+ext4)
graphics: AMD Radeon HD7850
screen: Samsung TFT FullHD
os: Windows 7 Pro x64 (Debian 7 on another partion too)

- connected via Gigabit LAN

About half a year ago I installed a Xubuntu pc (x64) for my flat mates and me. It is used as file/print server (samba), minecraft server and also was planned to be used as future tv backend too. These days I have been able to install the satellite dish (central europe, Astra 19.2°Est). I also updated my Xubuntu mashine to version 13.10, installed the DVB-S2 card (Digital Devices cine S2 V6.5, dual tuner card). It was not that easy to install the driver as I thought. It is a new version of the card and the drivers are neither included into the kernel yet nor the V4L-project. But after compiling the driver from the manufactures page, it works fine now. I was able to create a channels.conf with scan and also tested tv with kaffeine. The computer is located in a kind of a lumber-room, as part of the kitchen. So it is nice to see it working, but the comfort of watching tv there is very limited.

Yesterday I installed mythtv (0.27, just the official version from the repos of ubuntu 13.10) and got it working well on the backend mashine (backend and frontend software). I also opened the backend for network access.
After some testing on my Microsoft Windows mashine I realized the xbmc mythtv plugin of xbmc 12.2 comes only with support for mythtv up to version 0.26. I looked up the web if anyone compiled a 0.27 compatible plugin version for 12.2, but I did not find anything. I never compiled something for a Windows mashine, so I hoped for zipped plugin.
I also tried xbmc 13 alpha7, xbmc 13 alpha8 and yesterdays nightly build, because, as i read on the forum, they come with a 0.27 compatible mythtv plugin. But with all these versions I get the error "addon has been marked as broken in repository pvr". The problem seem to be broken depencies, but I do not know if there is a way to fix this.

So my question is, is there any way to get my Windows xbmc working with mythtv 0.27 on the backend? I would not like to downgrade to an older Xubuntu version, to install mythtv 0.26 from an unofficial repo or to compile mythtv 0.26 for Xubuntu 13.10. It would be great if there is any solution on the xbmc side. Another option would be another tv backend software. I tried vdr before I installed mythtv, but I have no experience with vdr and at least a little with mythtv. I had problems to get the vnsi working, I compiled the plugin and installed it, but it did not want to communicate. Mythtv was designed to be a network backend software so I thought it would be easier to use (and at least I am able to watch tv with it on the backend mashine, the first step in the right direction).

Thank you!
jellyfishsoup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mythtv 0.27 on linux and xbmc on windows0