x86_64 for windows?
Hi

why there is no x86_64 build for Windows?

Greetz
Because there is no need for it. Win32 works just as well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

I'm gonna reopen this topic as I realize that pretty much everyone around me now has a 64 bits version of Windows nowadays.
Wouldn't it make sense to finally do the transition to 64 bits with Gotham?

I mean there shouldn't be too much extra work required and what's the point of developing an app for an environment that has to adapt to the app? Like running 32 bits on Windows 64...
Using an emulator inside an os to run an app is against every single good design logic.

Am I missing something here? Are there some libraries that need to be rewritten totally?

I could understand an answer explaining why it represents too much work but I don't get the "there is no need for it". You could also develop xbmc for windows XP and ask people to run compatibility mode...

Don't get me wrong, I love XBMC and everything it has to offer and I really appreciate the work done but I feel like that question needs to be answered properly, that's it.
Quote:I mean there shouldn't be too much extra work required and what's the point of developing an app for an environment that has to adapt to the app?
saying that makes obvious that you have no clue what you are even talking about.

as already said win32 XBMC will work perfectly on 64bit Windows 7.

maybe in the far far future there will be a 64bit but do not count on it yet
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-05, 10:06)Airchtit Wrote: Using an emulator inside an os to run an app is against every single good design logic.

100% agree - but ... there is no emulation dude...

(2013-12-05, 10:06)Airchtit Wrote: Am I missing something here?

The fact that you are talking about stuff you don't have any clue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I would be interested to know if anyone still uses the 32 bit version of Windows? Just a question.
Of course they do. Even stuff still being sold. My bay-trail tablet runs windows 10 pro 32-bit.
(2016-01-10, 21:08)UncT Wrote: I would be interested to know if anyone still uses the 32 bit version of Windows? Just a question.

Yes a lot of people still do. Myself included.
I see tablets are probably the last hold out for 32 bit as all the computer manufacturers are shipping windows in the 64 bit form.
I use 32bit on one windows PC for compatibility and what would a 64bit Kodi do for you and be as technical as possible?
I design consumer electronics for a living. The software I use to generate the schematics and pc boards are all now 64 bit. When they converted to 64 bit from 32 bit, things got faster and they added more features (usually a dichotomy). So you ask why - I believe that it might help in the buffering issues and speed of access as it has for other software that has been updated.
So you get buffering issues? I haven't had that ever even on an xbox orig. unless over 720p on a PC never. Kodi is GNU tho so you could update it yourself.

Id give up whilst your behind.
Your probably right. 64 bit is harder to write for.
(2013-11-02, 12:23)Martijn Wrote: Because there is no need for it. Win32 works just as well

Just crashing every time on Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1 with:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Kodi.exe
Application Version: 16.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 56c88b73
Fault Module Name: Kodi.exe
Fault Module Version: 16.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56c88b73
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006720c5
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
How about a little more information about what may be causing the crash (what were you doing), and the gathering, uploading and posting a link to a debug log (wiki) from such a crash scenario so we can see what is going on. The information given so far means little to us.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
x86_64 for windows?0