Android Wich box is better?
Hello again! so i have decided i will buy an android box but there are millions of boxes, so i dont know wich one uses ._.

Well, i've been searching and i have found theses ones:

The little back box
Ugoos UT1
G-Box midnight MX2
Pivos XIOS

What im looking is for playing Movies and anime on 720p that support .srt (subttiles) without lag and thats all. i dont need 1080p. Any suggestion? thanks.Big Grin
I have and love my XIOS!!!!

New hardware should be out before the end of the year so I would wait for that...in fact I am waiting for that to buy another box.
(2013-11-03, 00:47)Scott00007 Wrote: I have and love my XIOS!!!!

New hardware should be out before the end of the year so I would wait for that...in fact I am waiting for that to buy another box.

yey! can i ask you something?

Can you play MKV, mp4..etc 720p with subtitles without problem? and, what would be the name for their new hardware?
MKV and MP4 files run fantastic! No problems at all....actually I am watching it right now and some files are .avi, mp4, mkv all in the same season of the same show without a hitch.

There are few details at this point about the new hardware but there has be some "confirmation" (http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...4&start=40) about new hardware coming out before years end. The current hardware works perfectly (not all skins are perfect but that is what the new hardware will fix) and I run it on Android. There is also the Linux version which people say works even better. I have tried both and cannot see any difference, so having Android is a nice bonus. I am not a power user so if you are you may be able to get even more out of it than I have.

One more thing....the Pivos might be a bit ugly but there are skins that you can by to have it match your personal set up.

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2780
Hi all.

I've been out of the XBMC scene for a number of years now. got frustrated with the Windows MCE controller issues and slow booting times. A friend of mine suggested the Rasp Pi as a quick and simple means to running XBMC but quite fancy the look of the Pivos XIOS mentioned in this thread.

Quick question, since this will be used mainly by my parents can it boot directly to XBMC on startup, or do we have to run XBMC from the O/S?

Cheers in advance,
Mitch....
the linux version boots directly into xbmc and is as parent friendly as you can get
Why slow booting times on PC....?
install an SSD... Wink

You could get a Celeron Nuc + SSD + Ram + Remote + Openelec and you wont hear any complaints from your parents... ever..

With Pivos Xios or Rasp... i am not so sure....

(pivos has remote issues from what i ve read... and i really dont know how patient are your parents with that...
Mine are NOT)
(2013-11-03, 21:26)Vaevictus2 Wrote: the linux version boots directly into xbmc and is as parent friendly as you can get

Thanks for that.

Checked the model online but mentions only 10MB/100MB Ethernet. No 1GB Ethernet connection?
So, what about Zotac?
For ease of use I was tempted to go for the Ouya. Just install XBMC on it and run it from the main dashboard, but just found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFf_OFdGDQ#t=324

...for the G-Box MX2 which shows how simple it is to run XBMC from the Android dashboard so may well go this route unless anyone knows of any reason not to?

Thanks,
Vega.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wich box is better?0