• 20(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong with my Harmony Smartcontrol.
I've made an activity watch pc, I then connect keyboard with bluetooth. With the Openelec app I select, trust and pair.
Then everything is ok, but afther sometime (reboot or antother activity) It wants to pair again and asks voor a pincode.
I've to take my original remote and pair it again.
Do i have to use a pincode or whats the problem ?
(2015-03-01, 15:04)Roborob Wrote: Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong with my Harmony Smartcontrol.
I've made an activity watch pc, I then connect keyboard with bluetooth. With the Openelec app I select, trust and pair.
Then everything is ok, but afther sometime (reboot or antother activity) It wants to pair again and asks voor a pincode.

should work just fine like that. what version of openelec are you on?
(2015-03-01, 18:20)furii Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 15:04)Roborob Wrote: Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong with my Harmony Smartcontrol.

Version: OpenELEC 5.0.5
Maybe i'll have to delete my Ps3 Bluetooth BD remote or start wit a clean install ?
Can you reboot without pairing again ?
(2015-03-02, 18:39)Roborob Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:20)furii Wrote:

Maybe i'll have to delete my Ps3 Bluetooth BD remote or start wit a clean install ?

hmm, i'm on 5.0.2. i haven't tried anything later as i usually wait for stable xbmc versions. why are you using a ps3 profile? it should be recognized in openelec as a harmony keyboard. in the harmony app you want to add a windows pc as the device. you can check out my post here on setting it up with a chromebox but it should apply to any openelec system.

i don't reboot often but when i do it takes a second after pressing a key for it to re-pair. however it doesn't ask for a pin, it just does it all automatically.
(2015-03-02, 19:57)furii Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 18:39)Roborob Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:20)furii Wrote: should work just fine like that. what version of openelec are you on?

hmm, i'm on 5.0.2. i haven't tried anything later as i usually wait for stable xbmc versions. why are you using a ps3 profile? it should be recognized in openelec as a harmony keyboard. in the harmony app you want to add a windows pc as the device. you can check out my post here on setting it up with a chromebox but it should apply to any openelec system.

i don't reboot often but when i do it takes a second after pressing a key for it to re-pair. however it doesn't ask for a pin, it just does it all automatically.

I'm using the ps3 profile for my PS3 BD remote control, a second profile is for my harmony and that profile is as you say a windows PC on my harmony and it is recornized as a keyboard. But if I want to pair it for the first time it asks for a pincode. Then I press escape and it works for a little while. Then afther some time it asks for a pin again. i'll check your link for more instructiions.
(2015-03-02, 20:09)Roborob Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 19:57)furii Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 18:39)Roborob Wrote: Version: OpenELEC 5.0.5

I'm using the ps3 profile for my PS3 BD remote control, a second profile is for my harmony and that profile is as you say a windows PC on my harmony and it is recornized as a keyboard. But if I want to pair it for the first time it asks for a pincode. Then I press escape and it works for a little while. Then afther some time it asks for a pin again. i'll check your link for more instructiions.

sounds like you're probably set up already properly. there could be a conflict between the two remotes but i can't say for sure as i just use the harmony. you could also try rolling back to 5.0.2 to see if that fixes things for you. after that i'm out of ideas.
I have an issue where using the "long press" activity still triggers the "short press" activity on the same button.

In particular:
Short Press = "Watch TV": makes sure TV is on, sets inputs to "TV tuner"
Long Press = "TV Remote Only": makes sure TV is on, does not set any inputs (provided more control over TV)

The issue is that everytime I press and hold the activity button, for the "long press", it still switches inputs (as per the short press).

Is this a known issue? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
(2015-03-02, 20:55)hydraSlav Wrote: I have an issue where using the "long press" activity still triggers the "short press" activity on the same button.

In particular:
Short Press = "Watch TV": makes sure TV is on, sets inputs to "TV tuner"
Long Press = "TV Remote Only": makes sure TV is on, does not set any inputs (provided more control over TV)

The issue is that everytime I press and hold the activity button, for the "long press", it still switches inputs (as per the short press).

Is this a known issue? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

most likely has to do with how you have your activities/devices set up. i have a similar setup and it works properly for me.

does it matter if you're starting the long press activity from an off state vs. when switching activities?
(2015-03-02, 22:34)furii Wrote: does it matter if you're starting the long press activity from an off state vs. when switching activities?

Good idea, I will test that from the off state.
ok I did manage to get it to work. afther all it is realy simple.

If i pair the harmony i did not select connect and trust, but only connect.
Then on the Kodi screen you get a pincode, this code you must enter in the harmony app and then press next step. Then the Harmony is paired even afther reboot Wink
(2015-02-23, 20:58)furii Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 11:44)heazky Wrote: I've been playing around with the bluetooth profile and have determined the following default mappings (in OpenELEC):

<snip>

interesting. you have quite a few buttons that seem to work for you that don't work for me. specifically the pinned to taskbar, charms, ctrl+alt+1/2/3. maybe more i haven't retested. are you running openelec 5.0.2?

Sorry for the late answer. I'm not 100% sure but I think I was running 5.0.2 then. I'm sure it was the 5.x branch tho. Now running 5.0.6 and everything still works as configured. I haven't tested yet if more buttons work at this moment.

Maybe the Harmony profile and/or OpenELEC were updated somewhere in between our testing. Have you tried the new button combinations yet?
can anyone tell me if its possible to edit the remote commands to enable more commands to work with the harmony?

for instance, we have an F1 command that from what i can see does nothing when you setup as a windows PC. can we set this to something like scan my video library? i tried to use an edit remote commands add on and it seems to recognize the commands i'm trying to map, but then when i save everything nothing changes. not sure what i could be doing wrong.
ahh.,.i figured it out. you need to use the GLOBAL settings in the keymap editor addin for things to work. wow, this is awesome
I managed to get most things working in my setup. So far the only things I had to edit via the keymap editor app is to suspend and adding context menu support. Suspend is added into the power off function, but for some reason the chromebox decides to turn itself back on when my stereo turns off. (no cec devices to cause that)
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
      <keyboard>
        <key id="61584">contextmenu</key>    
        <key id="61516">suspend</key>
      </keyboard>
   </global>
</keymap>
Code:
    Short Keypress              Long Keypress
Rewind                   Rewind                             Skip Back
Fast Forward           Fast Forward                     Skip Forward
Pause                   Pause    
Play                           Play    
Stop                           Stop    
Red        
Green        
Yellow        
Blue        
DVR        
Info                           Info                                     **Context Menu
Exit                           Esc    
vol up                   *stereo vol up    
vol down                   *stereo vol down    
Ch/Pg up                   pg up    
Ch/Pg down           pg down    
mute                   *mute stereo    
↺                            back    
up                           up     
down                   down    
left                           left    
right                           right    

Note: * indicates external device not controlled by kodi
         ** indicates button was assigned via keymap    
            all others are assigned via harmony app

I'm still trying to decide if I need any other functionality any suggestions?
Last logitech update broke something when switching activities. Devices that should stay could turn off.
Maybe it's related, but if i remember i had the same issue before the update.
I don't use suspend for that reason anymore.
Do you use a IR dongle or BT ?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1