• 23(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Finally worked out how to keep my HTPC on while switch on/off the TV and soundbar. Works really well.

Some more info here

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/chan...-on-or-off

What I am now wondering is how to stop any media playing on the HTPC when the TV and Soundbar shutdown event occurs? Any ideas?
Can't you just add a HTPC 'Stop" command as past of the TV/Soundbar shutdown?
Exactly what is did. Wink
HTPC stop in the activity turn-off sequence.
Thanks worked it out

Activities >> Customize this activitiy >> Activity shutdown commands >> Add step >> Microsoft Media Player >> Command Stop.

Thanks for the help!
Thinking of getting this remote to replace my old Harmony 785, looking at the buttons on the Harmony smart control, I don't see a help button, sometimes my 785 didn't turn on a device in my setup and I could sort it by pressing the help button, is there a reason this remote does not have a help button?.
(2016-06-16, 23:51)Jay La Funk Wrote: Thinking of getting this remote to replace my old Harmony 785, looking at the buttons on the Harmony smart control, I don't see a help button, sometimes my 785 didn't turn on a device in my setup and I could sort it by pressing the help button, is there a reason this remote does not have a help button?.

it's in the app. i've never had a problem with things getting out of sync but i believe you can also just click the activity button again.
There's a help button on the screen in the settings
Cheers furii & T800, went ahead and bought one.
(2016-06-16, 23:51)Jay La Funk Wrote: Thinking of getting this remote to replace my old Harmony 785, looking at the buttons on the Harmony smart control, I don't see a help button, sometimes my 785 didn't turn on a device in my setup and I could sort it by pressing the help button, is there a reason this remote does not have a help button?.

You wont have this problem with smart remote if setup is correct and the devices have power-on and power-off separate ir command, beside power-toggle... but if it happens by any reason, hitting the same activity button of your current activity will get you out of the out-of-sync troubles.
At the end, there is still app on the phone/tablet, but its faster when you turn on/off manually the problematic device... but this really doesnt happen for me.
(2016-06-23, 18:08)Crssi Wrote:

You wont have this problem with smart remote if setup is correct and the devices have power-on and power-off separate ir command, beside power-toggle... but if it happens by any reason, hitting the same activity button of your current activity will get you out of the out-of-sync troubles.
At the end, there is still app on the phone/tablet, but its faster when you turn on/off manually the problematic device... but this really doesnt happen for me.

Received the remote yesterday, took me a ages to get it to pair with the hub, I eventually had to do it connected to my laptop with the Logitech software, still seems to have some teething problems, will mess about some more to get it the way I want it.

I added some favourite channels on the my harmony PC app and then try to sync on my phone with the my harmony app, but it does not transfer over, do I need to connect the hub all the time to the laptop when I make changes?.
No, you should be able to sync with the phone app. You really only need to connect the hub to the laptop to learn codes from another remote.
(2016-06-23, 22:25)bobones Wrote: No, you should be able to sync with the phone app. You really only need to connect the hub to the laptop to learn codes from another remote.

That's not happening for me, it's lagging on some key presses as well, going to delete everything tomorrow and start from scratch.
There should be no lag, check you've added the correct device in the 1st post.
(2016-06-24, 10:07)zag Wrote: There should be no lag, check you've added the correct device in the 1st post.

I'm using it with my Nvidia shield TV.

Deleted and installed all my devices and activities again, no lag now and everything is powering up ok, working good with kodi (SPMC) I made some small icons for my favourites radio stations and finally got my favourites to sync over to my phone on the harmony app.

Thanks to all for the help.
Hi guys,

I used the smart control for some years with windows media center. Now I have an odroid c2 with LibreELEC in my living room for productive use. I need to configure some more keys before it's perfect.

1. I want the "PVROSDGuide" to come up when I press the key "KEY_EPG" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen without any menu open.

2. I want to change the audio stream "AudioNextLanguage" by the key "KEY_ENTER" while watching a movie (or live tv) in FullScreen without any menu open.
-> At the moment "AudioNextLanguage" comes up when I press "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND"

3. I want the "CodecInfo" to come up when I press the "KEY_NUMERIC_POUND" while watching a movie or live tv in FullScreen without any menu open.

I use the following remote.xml: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

What do I have to configure in the remote.xml exactly?

EDIT: Ok, I got it. Played with the remote.xml and generated an own Lircmap.xml. Everything works fine.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1