HD-PVR Support in TVHeadend?
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I looked at TVHeadend (running Windows at the moment) but I wondered if TVHeadend supports (or has any plans to support) the Hauppauge HD-PVR / HD-PVR2 devices?

Cheers!
DVB card support is not provided by any PVR backend. The card must be supported either natively through the kernel (Linux) or through providing drivers. (BDA on Windows, userspace driver/firmware on Linux)
Yes, probably not the best way I phrased the question.. but what I meant is, does TVHeadend provide any support to configure channels for such a device? - As these aren't strictly 'tuners' and just encode the signal from an STB (or Component/HDMI device) and spit out a H264 stream.
Don't know exactly, try asking in the tvheadend.org forums…
No it doesn't.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
AFAIK it supports analog video so you should be able to get something working, though how to make the STB change channels I don't know (if it's even possible). I think there was some guy on IRC who had a serial cable connected to his STB and used some custom software to trigger channel changes.
I don't think it supports all analogue video, but could be worth a try.

Mythtv has channel change scripts - often used to fire off a IR blaster via lirc, or communicate with a STB over firewire.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-PVR Support in TVHeadend?0