XBMC on OSX, Files on NAS, NIGHTMARE!!!
One thing now though. I can play the files by going to Videos>Files>selecting them manually, but they have not generated a "Movies" database. Has anyone experienced this before and know a fix?

Thanks for the help guys.
-d
Also, I can't seem to change XBMC by editing the sources.xml. I make changes to it in textedit and save it out, but the new sources folders are not added to the Videos > Files area. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
-d
(2013-11-15, 15:14)Shinji Wrote: One thing now though. I can play the files by going to Videos>Files>selecting them manually, but they have not generated a "Movies" database. Has anyone experienced this before and know a fix?

Thanks for the help guys.
-d

What do you mean? Have you not scanned them into your library?

(2013-11-17, 08:55)Shinji Wrote: Also, I can't seem to change XBMC by editing the sources.xml. I make changes to it in textedit and save it out, but the new sources folders are not added to the Videos > Files area. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
-d

Users are not supposed to edit sources.xml manually. If you want to change the contents of sources.xml then add/remove sources from the XBMC GUI.
(2013-11-17, 10:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Users are not supposed to edit sources.xml manually. If you want to change the contents of sources.xml then add/remove sources from the XBMC GUI.

Isn't XBMC open source?

Doesn't that mean that users can do whatever the hell they want to do?

I have edited sources.xml in the past and had it update the lists in the gui. Now when I try to do it they don't update them. I was curious as to why that would change.

As for not creating directories, I have scanned them, get the art to show, but still no directories in phpmyadmin.
(2013-11-20, 00:56)Shinji Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 10:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Users are not supposed to edit sources.xml manually. If you want to change the contents of sources.xml then add/remove sources from the XBMC GUI.

Isn't XBMC open source?

Laugh

love it.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Quote:Isn't XBMC open source?

Sure, but you may lose your warranty and won't be refunded the purchase price Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-20, 00:56)Shinji Wrote:

Isn't XBMC open source?

I have edited sources.xml in the past and had it update the lists in the gui. Now when I try to do it they don't update them. I was curious as to why that would change.

As for not creating directories, I have scanned them, get the art to show, but still no directories in phpmyadmin.

You can do whatever you want, but if you edit it while XBMC is open then XBMC might overwrite the contents with the info the XBMC application knows about. XBMC doesn't know about the changes you make outside of XBMC.
(2013-11-20, 03:43)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:Isn't XBMC open source?

Sure, but you may lose your warranty and won't be refunded the purchase price Smile

Oh god!! I thought the X.B.M.Care Plan would cover those changes. Or does it just cover the Skins and Addons?
So You're telling me I saved the receipt and original boxing all this time for nothing??
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2013-11-20, 05:07)Ned Scott Wrote: You can do whatever you want, but if you edit it while XBMC is open then XBMC might overwrite the contents with the info the XBMC application knows about. XBMC doesn't know about the changes you make outside of XBMC.

But lets say I am editing the file while XBMC is NOT open. When I open it, it should know about the changes, right?

Also, the way I have this set up right now, the entire system is not connected to the internet. I don't have access to wired internet. Can you direct me to information about scrubbing for the thumbs and information while being completely offline?

I have a NAS, and a wireless router hooked to it. I also have access to wireless internet via a friend's signal (she has one of those no cable modem no router hotspot things). Right now I have a mac mini that I am setting up as an HTPC that can either connect to the router (linksys e1000) that I have solely for the NAS connection and not have internet access,or connect to the wireless account at my friend's place but not have access to my NAS. I have a rather odd living situation right now.

Any help would be appreciated.
-d
(2013-11-08, 08:45)Shinji Wrote: <pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://Morgue/Media/Video/00_Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

and my sources........

<sources>
<video>
<default></default>
<source>
<name>Television</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://Morgue/Media/Video/Television/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://Morgue/Media/Video/Film/</path>
</source>
</video>

Hi
Try and replace all the: smb://Morgue/

To, for instance:

smb://192.168.1.XXX/video/Film/

See http://quixventure.com/2011/12/configure...-for-xbmc/
Thanks. The fix was actually adding the smb://login:[email protected]/etc.....

Now I am looking for information for populating offline. (see last post)

Thanks for the thought though.
(2013-11-23, 12:42)Shinji Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 05:07)Ned Scott Wrote: You can do whatever you want, but if you edit it while XBMC is open then XBMC might overwrite the contents with the info the XBMC application knows about. XBMC doesn't know about the changes you make outside of XBMC.

But lets say I am editing the file while XBMC is NOT open. When I open it, it should know about the changes, right?

If the tags are correct, yes, it should work.

Quote:Also, the way I have this set up right now, the entire system is not connected to the internet. I don't have access to wired internet. Can you direct me to information about scrubbing for the thumbs and information while being completely offline?

NFO files (wiki) and thumbnails (wiki) pages should tell you what you need to know.
That is what I thought. Tags are correct... didn't load.

Thanks for the links. I will read up. Smile
I still haven't been able to get it working. I have thought of a way to describe what I am wanting to do.

Lets say I have a web series that I want to add to XBMC. In this case, it will be a series of free online art tutorials from Feng Zhu school of design. He does a weekly painting tips tutorial for concept art.

What I want to do is create a new category in the xbmc menu called "tutorials".

Then I want to populate the category as if the tutorials from FZD are a tv series. I am ok with filling out the info and creating the artwork for it, but remember since I cannot access the internet at the same time as my files, I will not be able to use an online scrapper.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach it?

Thanks much,
-d
Explain to me why you can't have a static ip on your personal network and connect wirelessly to your friends internet connection over DHCP at the same time?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on OSX, Files on NAS, NIGHTMARE!!!0