• 29(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-05-30, 00:28)rodalpho Wrote: I uploaded a 5GB 720p MKV file. After awhile processing, it was streamable at full resolution. Used the youtube HTML5 streaming widget, actually. Quality is great, no problems at all. Well, except there's no way to get its name so it's sorted back to 2012 in google photos in my browser, but hopefully the API allows you to do something with that!

I tried to upload a 12GB 1080p MKV and it just failed to upload entirely, so perhaps there is some sort of size limit.

It should also show up in your Google Drive if you allow it.

Someone in another forum cited a 10GB limit to video files in Photos (75MB for actual photo files).

I tried a 1.2GB upload and it finished but never ended up showing up in Photos or in the Google Drive.
It does show in google drive, but I still can't get to a list view, just a bunch of large thumbnails sorted by file date.

Your upload probably didn't finish successfully. Once a video upload finishes, it sits as a black square for awhile with a "processing" note, then you get a 360p video fairly quickly, followed by 720p awhile later.
(2015-05-30, 02:51)rodalpho Wrote: It does show in google drive, but I still can't get to a list view, just a bunch of large thumbnails sorted by file date.

Your upload probably didn't finish successfully. Once a video upload finishes, it sits as a black square for awhile with a "processing" note, then you get a 360p video fairly quickly, followed by 720p awhile later.

It's been 6+ hours now Smile I've given up on it.

There is an option in photos.google.com to actually have it add a folder to your Google Drive. Shows up as "Google Photos" in the My Drive root. In this form, it is not unlike any other folder (including list view, sorted in the typical traditional fashion).
BTW, I did some testing, and if you upload files using the picasa API, you'll get to reap the unlimited for video files (quota = 0). I'm still testing the API with larger files.

The API is ancient but it's better than uploading manually through the website or through a desktop client.
Looks like they still have some bugs to work out with Google Photos.

Got a warning email I've got 1GB/17GB remaining on my account, but Google Drive/Gmail/etc and the Google Storage page all show more than 8GB free. Looks like Google Photo is not checking total storage properly. We'll see what happens when I exceed 17GB of photos/videos.
There is a bug in Google Photos that only allows you to accumulate a total number of photos and videos that match your account size. So, if your account is 17GB in size, you can accumulate up to 17GB of "unlimited" video or photos (your quota will not be affected), but if you try to store more, the video or photos will temporarly show up as they are "processing" but they disappear afterwards. They get dropped from your index and albums. You can search for them, but they show up as "video not found" or "photo not found".
Ahh. That's a heck of a bug. Not super useful until that's fixed, then.
(2015-05-31, 05:19)rodalpho Wrote: Ahh. That's a heck of a bug. Not super useful until that's fixed, then.

Tell me about it....

This is google, so typical timeline for a fix 1.5 years to acknowledge and 2 years more to fix?
15GB is not a tremendous amount of video, and tons of people will want to save their video in google photos. I betcha it will be fixed by winter 2017!
I'm not sure why but the Google drive testing isn't working anymore (it worked a week ago). I'm on 0.6.31 but I keep getting playback failed. The video doesn't start and from the log it says it cannot establish connection with the stream.

I've reinstalled and gone over the OAUTH2 process again but it still does not work. Any ideas?

To be specific Original doesn't work and all resolutions except for 360p do not work.

The stable 0.6.00 version works however.
(2015-06-03, 02:16)Nimious Wrote: I'm not sure why but the Google drive testing isn't working anymore (it worked a week ago). I'm on 0.6.31 but I keep getting playback failed. The video doesn't start and from the log it says it cannot establish connection with the stream.

I've reinstalled and gone over the OAUTH2 process again but it still does not work. Any ideas?

To be specific Original doesn't work and all resolutions except for 360p do not work.

Do you have force quality selection prompt enabled or disabled?
(2015-06-03, 03:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 02:16)Nimious Wrote: I'm not sure why but the Google drive testing isn't working anymore (it worked a week ago). I'm on 0.6.31 but I keep getting playback failed. The video doesn't start and from the log it says it cannot establish connection with the stream.

It's enabled. With it off I can get MP4 up to 1080p but I much prefer original.
(2015-06-03, 04:32)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 03:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:

I noticed an issue and haven't troubleshoot to fix it in yet that crept into things in 0.6.2x. It is triggered by this enable force prompt. Try disabling and then select never transcode in settings. This should force original playback always and should bypass the issue until fixed.
(2015-06-03, 16:04)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 04:32)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 03:00)dmdsoftware Wrote: Do you have force quality selection prompt enabled or disabled?

I noticed an issue and haven't troubleshoot to fix it in yet that crept into things in 0.6.2x. It is triggered by this enable force prompt. Try disabling and then select never transcode in settings. This should force original playback always and should bypass the issue until fixed.

I love you.
Hi i managed to do the login again... and somehow i figured out to make one of my suggestions happen.

I suggested having the option to pick in wich folder to save the stream... so the trick is to whenever you want to save in one folder for movies or series you just change it on the only one and primary directory folder then save the stream eheheh, i change the directory from one folder or another on settings to save stream of movies or series in the folder i want and thats it. Smile

But still having problems with srt, it doesn´t read srt, not something.srt or in my language something.pt.srt. it just doesn´t work, i tried on media player classic and the extension srt with my language worked and i have on settings captions and subtitles enabled.

thanks for the help again
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12