Advice needed please
new to this scene , im basically after some tips on which pre modded streaming box to go for nothing too expensive please , Just something i can link up plug in and play if there is such a device .

thanks in advance.
Super cheap? Raspberry Pi in the $35-50 range, depending on what parts you already have. Surprisingly awesome for the price. Really hard to go wrong with a Pi, since you can use it as a ton of other things if it doesn't meet your HTPC needs.

$50-ish range (give or take $20): Almost anything that isn't Allwinner A10-based (the processor inside), and has a wired ethernet port (most android boxes have crappy internal wifi, even if you have good range). Beware, you get what you pay for, and the Pi might actually be a better deal due to nice quality and very strong community/tech support.

$100-ish range: OUYA, that quadcore Mini X something, various Google TV devices. There's various threads floating around about what is the current "best" Android-based box, and YMMV.

$150-$200 (best bang-for-your-buck for power/price starts here): Something Celeron-based, like a mini PC such as the NUC (Get a "barebones" one and add ram and a USB drive to boot from + OpenELEC (wiki)), or piece it together from newegg, etc.

$200+, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199 for some pretty good advice on pre-built/easy to configure set-ups and what they give you for your money.

(also, this is my 15,000th post. I need to get out more...)
thanks will one of these be enough to access tv movies and live sports HD are they able to decode dolby digital aswell as i will be running through my srround sound amp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice needed please0