How to scrape TV shows automatically?
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any info to help me.

When I add a new TV episode I have to go through the list of tv shows to find the new episode and then scrape it. I have quite a few tv shows and its annoying to have to hunt the new eps down and sometimes I miss them because I forget a new ep has been added to a show.

Surely there is a way that will scrape new eps automatically and if so then please tell me.

Cheers
What's weird is that, in my experience, sometimes Ember does scrape them automatically. I'll go look for them to scrape them manually and they are already done. Don't know why. I agree though, I wish they would make the TV section work more like the Movie section. Show all the newly found episodes and be able to scrape them all at once.
Same here... some shows scrape automatically, others don't. It's about 50/50 and I can't figure out the logic.
If you do a rescrape, Ember download all existing informations about a tv show from thetvdb. Ember now use this package (zip file in Temp folder) to recognize the episodes. If the zip file too old, Ember no longer can recognize Episodes and need a rescrape of the tv show or a season. Check "re-download of tv show information" in settings, best setting is "Allways".

For version 1.4 we change that to a real autoscraping.
Awesome... this makes sense. I did try out .14 yesterday, but it doesn't recognize most of the nfo files I have, even though I checked off the box for Frodo. It does however at least get images from themoviedb, where the current 13.17 version has stopped working.
Thanks for the help people. I have checked the "re-download of tv show information" and like the others it sometimes does them and sometimes not.
What does the button XBMC Frodo do?
Cheers
Yeah, I have that checked too, and it still is hit and miss...
(2013-11-14, 03:36)stone2 Wrote: Thanks for the help people. I have checked the "re-download of tv show information" and like the others it sometimes does them and sometimes not.
Cheers

Frodo button set all settings for an XBMC Frodo compatible file naming.

(2013-11-15, 17:36)john_es Wrote: Yeah, I have that checked too, and it still is hit and miss...

That can not be. You can check this as follows:
  • Rescrape a TV Show
  • open the zip file (\ Ember Media Manager \ Temp \ Show \ TVDB-show ID \ en.zip -> en.xml) and check out the last entry:

Code:
<Episode>
  <id>4678046</id>
  <Combined_episodenumber>3</Combined_episodenumber>
  <Combined_season>25</Combined_season>
  <DVD_chapter></DVD_chapter>
  <DVD_discid></DVD_discid>
  <DVD_episodenumber></DVD_episodenumber>
  <DVD_season></DVD_season>
  <Director></Director>
  <EpImgFlag></EpImgFlag>
  <EpisodeName>Four Regrettings and a Funeral</EpisodeName>
  <EpisodeNumber>3</EpisodeNumber>
  <FirstAired>2013-11-03</FirstAired>
  <GuestStars>Joe Namath | Gordon Ramsay |Aaron Sorkin</GuestStars>
  <IMDB_ID></IMDB_ID>
  <Language>de</Language>
  <Overview>Kent Brockman has decided that local news has been a real mistake and a terrible career move for him.</Overview>
  <ProductionCode>RABF18</ProductionCode>
  <Rating></Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <SeasonNumber>25</SeasonNumber>
  <Writer></Writer>
  <absolute_number></absolute_number>
  <filename></filename>
  <lastupdated>1382206688</lastupdated>
  <seasonid>523483</seasonid>
  <seriesid>71663</seriesid>
  <thumb_added></thumb_added>
  <thumb_height></thumb_height>
  <thumb_width></thumb_width>
</Episode>

The last episode listed here will recognize. If you have a newer episode the tv show need a rescrap. If your episode is then still does not appear there is an error with TVDB.
(2013-11-15, 20:44)DanCooper Wrote: [quote='stone2' pid='1550048' dateline='1384392971']
Thanks for the help people. I have checked the "re-download of tv show information" and like the others it sometimes does them and sometimes not.
Cheers

Frodo button set all settings for an XBMC Frodo compatible file naming.

Thank you DanCooper, but I'm curious. XBMC has no trouble reading the info created without the Frodo button activated (for me at least). Have there been incompatible problems for some users?
(2013-11-16, 09:21)stone2 Wrote: Thank you DanCooper, but I'm curious. XBMC has no trouble reading the info created without the Frodo button activated (for me at least). Have there been incompatible problems for some users?

stone 2 , prior to frodo there were .tbn files used, these are not relevant + naming of files for poster , fanart has changed slightly. so if all you are looking for is an .nfo file then yes you dont need to click the frodo compatability button. But if you want all kind of good things in some skins then you should tick the frodo compatability button.
OK...

Here's what I currently do when I add new episodes to my file system...
- Re-scan database

Here's what I see:
- 50/50 on new shows being recognized after that re-scan. That includes new episodes.

But from what yu are saying, I'd have to do a re-scan, and then a re-scrape of the show? I am just puzzled as to how it works for new episodes but not all of them. From what you say, it should never work. Unless of course, in the very likelihood, that I misunderstood.
I have experienced the same issue across all versions of ember to date (I have been using it since the very first original release), I assume its a bug in the autoscraper?

Example: I move 20 episodes across a range of shows into their folders, go into ember and select Update library-> TV shows -> Update tv only

Ember will *find* every episode, however a proportion will not get an nfo. Of those that get an nfo, some will have the wrong episode name (eg TBA)

I manually go through the list of 20 to check which ones need a rescrape i.e. right click episode and (re)scrape episode. This always 100% works.

If I don't manually update and just try to do a full update (eg Update library-> TV shows -> Update tv only) ember will not rescrape any of the missing episodes.

No errors appear in log files.

I am guessing there is a timeout or some other issue, the missed scraping is almost guaranteed on the first episode of a new season.

It is very annoying.

If you could filter for tv episodes with no nfo (like you can with movies) then the rescrape would be vastly simpler - I think that is what people were referring to.
(2013-11-23, 08:51)gmk2 Wrote: I have experienced the same issue across all versions of ember to date (I have been using it since the very first original release), I assume its a bug in the autoscraper?

Example: I move 20 episodes across a range of shows into their folders, go into ember and select Update library-> TV shows -> Update tv only

Ember will *find* every episode, however a proportion will not get an nfo. Of those that get an nfo, some will have the wrong episode name (eg TBA)

I manually go through the list of 20 to check which ones need a rescrape i.e. right click episode and (re)scrape episode. This always 100% works.

If I don't manually update and just try to do a full update (eg Update library-> TV shows -> Update tv only) ember will not rescrape any of the missing episodes.

No errors appear in log files.

I am guessing there is a timeout or some other issue, the missed scraping is almost guaranteed on the first episode of a new season.

It is very annoying.

If you could filter for tv episodes with no nfo (like you can with movies) then the rescrape would be vastly simpler - I think that is what people were referring to.

I think I experience this sometimes too - by the way for movies I always use "new" filter after database updating to scrape poster/nfo for new scanned movies. For Tv Shows I often miss this filter, and there's no easy way to show only new scraped epsiodes. Filter for new episodes/missing nfo sounds like a good idea.
Adding new episodes is a hit and miss for existing shows. Sometimes it will get info, sometimes it get months old info, sometimes it won't get any info.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
I'm bumping this thread as I'm having the exact same issue that gmk2 described. I'm running Ember 1.3.20. Is there a solution to this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scrape TV shows automatically?0