Xbox One
So I guess people know that the X1 has a HDMI input for you DVR or whatever you want. Is anyone plugging their HTPC XBMC machine into it?

I would like my X1 to be the center of the living room but it wont support MKV and a few apps will be missing. But having my HTPC plugged into it will essentially bring mkv to the X1 and if you have it, live tv from your HTPC!

Anyone got any ideas on this?
The X1 also has Cinavia DRM on it so it will kill the audio track on any media item that has is, no idea if it monitors the HDMI input too but someone eventually is going to find out one way or the other.

Cinavia is mandatory on all Blu-ray disc players after 2012.
yes i plan to connect my mediacenter. i hope i can control xbmc via an webinterface on my own server. so i will save a favorite in internet explorer named "xbmc". "xbox go to xbmc" should lead me to my page. on my own page there should be shortcuts for movies, tv, weather, etc. so "xbox click on weather" should force xbmc to show the weather. all can be realized via the json-rpc api.

the question ist, how good are xb1 voice capabilities
Its not working for movies and tv shows but is for web videos
You tried it? I thought it was just a pass through so should work with anything? Im gonna give it a go tonight. One thing im wondering is if I can control the XBMC interface through my X1. Im using a Harmony 800 at the moment and this works with the X1 not sure about XBMC through it though, will probably need to switch to xbmc on the remote.
ill be interested in seeing how that works for you guys. Please keep this thread updated with your experiences.
I'm having a seriously weird problem. If my XB1 is on, it interferes with my harmony one remote. It seems like it's just blocking signals. If i hammer on the down arrow, eventually it will go down a list of episodes or something. But only maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the times I actually hit the key.

As soon as I turn the XB1 off, the remote goes back to normal operation. Very weird..

That and I can't get hdmi audio working on the mac mini, so looks like I'm blocked until I figure out how to get that working.
I plugged in my Acer Revo with OpenElec installed. The picture was very good and that worked but could not get any sound through, my receiver was going crazy flashing DTS. I think I need to mess with the settings more on x1 because I have that set to DTS but think the audio source was probably Dolby so more testing needed.

The only thing I hate is that you can not switch audio sources between the main image and snapped ones.
(2013-11-28, 00:29)rudf0rd Wrote: I'm having a seriously weird problem. If my XB1 is on, it interferes with my harmony one remote. It seems like it's just blocking signals. If i hammer on the down arrow, eventually it will go down a list of episodes or something. But only maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the times I actually hit the key.

As soon as I turn the XB1 off, the remote goes back to normal operation. Very weird..

Not at all!

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/11/k...ector-fan/ Wrote:The Kinect, which went on sale yesterday, is a controller-free controller for the Xbox 360. It sits atop your TV and beams infra-red into the room with its projector, and then uses cameras to track where you, your face and your limbs are, allowing you to control the on-screen action.
Sorry, I was unclear. This was specific to XBMC passed through the XB1. The Harmony remote is controlling XBMC and is having the issue of not receiving some commands from the remote. I think it's the kinect that is blocking it somehow.
(2013-11-28, 22:04)rudf0rd Wrote: Sorry, I was unclear. This was specific to XBMC passed through the XB1. The Harmony remote is controlling XBMC and is having the issue of not receiving some commands from the remote. I think it's the kinect that is blocking it somehow.

I think he means the kinect is bombarding the IR receiver for your remote with tons of IR light. Turn off the xbone and it turns off the IR. I have no idea how to fix it. I have some CFL light bulbs that do the same thing when they warm up.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2013-11-28, 15:16)Wallpaper_01 Wrote: I plugged in my Acer Revo with OpenElec installed. The picture was very good and that worked but could not get any sound through, my receiver was going crazy flashing DTS. I think I need to mess with the settings more on x1 because I have that set to DTS but think the audio source was probably Dolby so more testing needed.

The only thing I hate is that you can not switch audio sources between the main image and snapped ones.

I had a similar experience plugging in a mac mini with openelec installed. The Xbox One would only allow sound settings such as 7.1, 5.1, 2.0 etc over hdmi The big problem with this is it does a terrible job converting stereo to 5.1 or 7.1...this is what my receiver does correctly! If only the Xbox could just passthrough whatever sound format it got then it had potential. Because of this I've gone back to my normal setup as the sound was not up to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One0