Win Different output for music
Hey guys.

Hopefully someone here can help me with my problem.
I am running Frodo (12.2) on Windows 7 (x64)
I am trying to find a way to make the music libary from XBMC to output on my receiver and not my TV.
I am fully aware about the problems with dual audio and that this is not possible on Frodo.

The thing I was thinking about is if I can call up an external program from XBMC to handle my audio files and thereby use the other sound card. Because the rest of the computer is using the receiver as the default audio (so if I run any music from Spotify or Windows Media Player it will output to the music receiver and not my tv)

I have seen some information about external players (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=External_players) but i cant figure out if this is possible for audio only and not video. I have been trying make it work, but I failed.

I understand that different profiles in xbmc might work, bur thats not the solution i am searching for.

(sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand what I mean anyhow)
Make a second profile (wiki) for the music library. The profile can even share the master libraries, but just be used to quickly toggle settings, like selecting a different music source.
I use the Yatse remote app on my phone. It has a toggle audio button in a dropdown menu on the home screen.
I found another way to to it.
I installed SoundWire Server on my xbmc-pc and selected the hdmi-soundcard to cature.
Then i downloaded an android app (free trial avaible) and installed it on an old phone that i connected to my receiver and viola.

Works like a charm.
There is a very small delay, so its not god for dual audio, but for playing music its great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different output for music0