XBMX at startup keeps minimizing
Question 
I'm making a small HTPC box for my family so wanted it such that when Win7 is started up, it automatically launches XBMC and goes to that screen.

My XBMC is different, I use my computer for both a computer and a media player, so I manually turn on/off XBMC when I want it and it opens to the TV (monitor #2). So, never tried setting up XBMC at startup.

I dropped XBMC into the startup folder. At startup, I have everything wiped out except MSE (antivirus), COMODO (firewall), EventGhost (remote) and XBMC.

When I turn the computer on, everything loads fine, XBMC seems to be last in the list, launches, comes up to the XBMC screen for about 5-10sec then minimizes down to the bottom toolbar and I'm stuck at the Windows 7 desktop.

I want the system to well, start and load into XBMC and rely on the iR remote... I don't want a mouse/keyboard plugged in unless I need to run something since my family is not tech savvy at all. To them, this is a big fancy DVD player. Big Grin

So, basically stumped... why does it keep minimizing and how to I stop it?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Something is stealing focus over on the other display. I, too, have XBMC on my tv, which is #2. Anything taking focus on #1 causes XBMC to minimize. I was able to stop that by going into:

Settings > Sytem> Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen

Don't know if that will work in your situation but may be worth a shot.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
Will give it a shot... only have space for 1 system at a time so, gotta unhook this computer to test the other so, won't be today. Big Grin

Making a media centre as a sorta family gift, replace the 10yr old LG DVD Player with something that plays more than 10yr old DivX files. Smile

I started using EventGhost on my setup because of focus issues, if I click the desktop the remote started messing up the programs I had open, so with EventGhost it didn't matter what I had open, it only affected XBMC... I must have had the same minimize issues on here as well and forgot because I have use a fullscreen enabled on here as well. Big Grin

Hopefully fixes it... again, it's for the family so, I want something as simple and easy as a DVD player for them... turn on, and automatically goes to the home page of the media player. No keyboards, mice etc..
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2013-11-12, 20:32)THRobinson Wrote: I want something as simple and easy as a DVD player for them... turn on, and automatically goes to the home page of the media player. No keyboards, mice etc..

Might want to have a look at OpenElec then.
Not sure if you have tried XBMCLauncher. If not give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMX at startup keeps minimizing0