Bug EPG grid mess
I develop my own PVR addon and ran into the several issues with EPG grid view.
Everything described below was tested and reproduced on Frodo 12.2 Git:97a9f05 (virtualbox x86_64 openelec linux build and stock raspberry pi openelec image).

1. First program that starts later than current time is shown in the grid as it was started already. The bug is known and was closed as non-reproducable: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11479
E.g. current time is 0:00, program starts at 0:30 and ends at 1:00. It will be shown as a block: 00:00-1:00

2. The time gaps in program guide aren't shown also.
For example:
current time 0:00.
program1: 0:00-0:30
program2: 1:00-1:30
The gap should be between 0:30 and 1:00, but there is not. Instead of this programs 1 and 2 goes as continuous blocks, and moreover program 2 has wrong end time and duration (can't say the specific values because of the next bug).

3. Sometimes click on one program lead to info dialog for another one.
On the screenshot click was made on program prg 2.3.

4. Too short EPG breaks with error message in log "ERROR: (UpdateItems) - Less than one page of data available." Why? What if I have only one channel with a couple of programs in near couple of hours.

5. Not all of the EPG items shown in grid (after manual scroll or after scroll to the end from context menu) even if they are in near future. On the screenshot there should be "prg1.4: long one" (see epg.xml in "steps to reproduce" below), but there's not.

6. It would be better to disable/hide some buttons in program info dialog: "Swtich" - for future programs or past programs without recordings; "Add timer" - if PVR addon doesn't support timers.

Steps to reproduce:
1. download and extract to localhost https://db.tt/hDwiVjPV
2. on localhost: run "python epg_gen.py epg.xml.tpl > epg.xml" to generate epg.xml with current timestamps.
3. copy epg.xml and channels.m3u to the place accessible from xbmc (say raspberrypi:/storage/.xbmc/).
4. on xbmc: install "IPTV simple PVR addon" and configure it to load epg and channels from epg.xml and channels.m3u accordingly.
5. on xbmc: reset EPG database
6. on xbmc: go to "Live TV" -> "EPG: Timeline"

I wonder that no one else still noticed the issues or I'm doing something wrong.
@vkosh starting a pull for the first issue (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11479), would be great if you could test it.

PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3694
Great work! The first one is done.
Can't test it on master (818dae6) though, because something wrong with EPG timeline there with or without your patch. Here is screenshot for the empty EPG, and here is one for non-empty.
So I backported your patch to frodo and that's ok: screenshot
thanks for testing Wink
Created PR for gaps between programmes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3888
(2013-12-21, 23:53)vkosh Wrote: Created PR for gaps between programmes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3888

I agree that the code should be able to handle this, but is there actually any broadcasters out there that leave gaps in their EPG schedules? It doesn't happen here at least (when there's nothing on a program called "No program" is sent).
Well I don't know about common broadcasters but the ones that I use in my PVR client has gaps in EPG. Therefore I have to insert "No program" instead of gaps to show EPG correctly. But in my opinion it's wrong, because for example user can add timer to that inexistant program.
So gaps handling on xbmc level is better because "No program" behavior can always be implemented in client but not vice versa.
Another small issue/side effect with the EPG timeline change is that the flag <pvr><showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect></pvr> used to stop showing the epg detail and instantly changed the channel. As you often are looking at channel crossover it is much more likely to get to out of data EPG and therefore it pops up,

Anyone know where I can change this and I will submit a PR?
i would recommend that it always switch to channel if disabled regardless of whether you select a past or future epg item.
but we have to discuss this before changing it.
IMO there should be a setting for it in gui because best default depends very much on the type of remote you use (does it have a button for context menu or not). So same we have for list items but for EPG
(2013-12-24, 01:51)da-anda Wrote: IMO there should be a setting for it in gui because best default depends very much on the type of remote you use (does it have a button for context menu or not). So same we have for list items but for EPG

Wink yeah, but xxxnelly mean if you use advancedsettings and set showepginfoonselect = false, it only works for the current running program item. if you select a future or past program item it show you the info dialog.
(2013-12-24, 03:40)xhaggi Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 01:51)da-anda Wrote: IMO there should be a setting for it in gui because best default depends very much on the type of remote you use (does it have a button for context menu or not). So same we have for list items but for EPG

Wink yeah, but xxxnelly mean if you use advancedsettings and set showepginfoonselect = false, it only works for the current running program item. if you select a future or past program item it show you the info dialog.

This is what I mean, how should I get a discussion on this? create a PR with the change?
(2013-12-24, 14:16)xxxnelly Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 03:40)xhaggi Wrote:

This is what I mean, how should I get a discussion on this? create a PR with the change?

Isn't this a good thing? For future shows you want to be able to set this to record the program..or for past programs maybe do a series link recording...removing the popup would just cause more confusion IMO
I agree, having it change straight to the channel (if the currently running program is clicked in the grid) seems sensible, but I think it should always show the popup if a program is clicked that isn't currently airing, since you are most likely wanting to set a recording rather than start the channel..
I agree with both, but the advanced option "showepginfoonselect" let you think that you can disable the info window on select, not only for the current running program. But good to see that you prefer the current behaviour. That's why I suggested that we should discuss this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG grid mess0