Accessing video on USB hard drive
I'm fairly new to XBMC and using Raspbmc with the Raspbmc Confluence skin. For the past weeks I've been converting my DVDs and BDs to MKVs and storing them on a USB hard drive connected to a Windows 8 computer. I was able to access and watch the movies from Raspbmc but that has stopped. I can see the shared folders on the USB hard drive but trying to add the folder as a source gives "ERROR Invalid argument". If I access a shared folder located on an internal hard drive on the same computer there is no problem. Could this be a change caused by an update to either Raspbmc or XBMC or some setting I altered? Sure would like to access the USB hard drive again.
Does Rasbmc support NTFS read?
Test Openelec 3.2.3 = much faster & better now than raspbmc
All my drives are formatted with NTFS - and accessing the files on an USB hard drive use to work. I'll try Openelec when I have time.
If you access a filesystem across the net, format doesn't enter into the problem as the 'remote' server where the files are sorts all that out.
It's a job to say what the error might be, with no real detail and no logs.

It seems to me to be as likely to be changes on the win8 machine - easy to happen, especially if you have automatic updates on.
Derek
Same problem running under Openelec as under Raspbmc so either local machine or newest build of XBMC. I'll see if I can get hold of and earlier XBMC build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing video on USB hard drive0