Req Enhanced set support
Afternoon all,

I have been tidying my library and one thing that jumped out at me as lacking slightly was the sets support.

If it were possible, I envisage when you go into a set, Die Hard for example, it would list all films that should be in that set (in chronological order) and simply denote/grey scale out the films that you don't have available, thus highlighting which films you need to acquire.

This would be particularly helpful for films like Die Hard or Harry Potter as they aren't just named Harry Potter 1, 2, 3... and for the unknowing user like myself I wouldn't have a clue which came first...

These features may already be available but im not able to find them...

Cheers guys, keep up the amazing work.
Sort by Year (the default sort when listing a set) is usually a pretty good indicator of order.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-15, 04:02)jmarshall Wrote: Sort by Year (the default sort when listing a set) is usually a pretty good indicator of order.

Thanks for your input, I agree this normally works but not if a prequel is released, would this also sort the rest of my films by year as that is exaxtly what I want to avoid...

Cheers
Ben
No it will only apply to the current directory/set you are in. Sets should actually be sorted by year by default. Getting the proper sorting (with prequels being released later) will require you to set a proper sort title (which will be possible in the user interface in Gotham) so for the X-Men collection you could manually define sort titles so that X-Men: First Class will be listed before X-Men even though it was released later.

Showing a list of missing items is unfortunately not that easy.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enhanced set support0