HDHR Prime (CableCard) + Windows 7 + _____ Backend?
Hi Guys,

I'm reading everything I can find on the subject, but I'm a bit confused...

It sounds like people have had success with Argus in the past, but Comcast changes might have killed this option.

MythTV looks promising, but I haven't a clue how to compile software myself.

NextPVR seems hit or miss.

What would you recommend for a Win7 + HDHR Prime (CableCard) for a Backend?

My primary goal is recording.

Thanks,

Owen
You should try the MCE PVR backend. I've used Argus, NextPVR and now MCE. These are my experiences:

Argus: Total confusing pain to configure, but runs very solidly after it's configured. However when Comcast started encrypting my channels I was forced to move to CableCARD and I bought an HDHomerun Prime, which I could not get to work with Argus. Their forum is pretty quiet and no one was able to help me get it working.

NextPVR: Easy to configure and it supports the HDHomerun Prime. However I could not get it to work reliably. I spent hours trying to resolve problems changing channels. I applied patches, tried different versions, etc and it just never came together for me. I should note that I was running Windows Server 2012 at the time, and it's possible that had something to do with it. However I'll also note that I saw multiple people on the NextPVR forums complaining about the same problems (recording stream failing to stop, channels failing to change, locking up XBMC).

MCE: After NextPVR I decided to install Windows 7 and try out MCE as a backend. I was impressed by the activity in the MCE PVR thread and I've noticed that people have been recommending this solution. I have to say, so far it's working flawlessly for me. Config was a breeze, and another bonus is that EPG updates are free. So far it's the best solution that I've found.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216
Second awp0. I talked to some great guys in the Mediaportal forum, but ultimately they couldn't figure out what was going wrong with my PC. I use the HDHP and CC with serverwmc and it works really well. I get some odd quirks, but the project isn't very old. Wife is happy with it.

If mediaportal works, then Argus should work since they are built on the same or similiar designs
Hi Guys,

I'm using, and enjoying WMC PVR. Great stuff!

Thanks,

Owen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHR Prime (CableCard) + Windows 7 + _____ Backend?0