Solved Searching for PVR logos broken in latest nightlies?
I've updated to the latest nightly on my ubuntu machine and noticed my PVR Logos missing, tried to get them back with "Scan for Missing Items" but nothing happened, so I thought I'd double check my logo path, when I wanted to select it xbmc is opening an empty "open location" menu. So then I've reset the settings back to default and was able to set the path again, still no channel logos though and when I want to select the path a second time I get the empty menu again.

Tried the same on my windows machine with vanilla xbmc nightly (XBMCSetup-20131114-aaba876-master.exe) there I can't set the path at all.

Both seem to complain about a different error
windows: ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()
ubuntu: ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
I've checked the xbmc git pull requests but couldn't see anything that would point to an open one that would fix this. (at least that is what I think with my limited knowledge)
Screenshot of the empty "open" dialogue, I can't select anything in this, can only close.
edit: I've also noticed that I can't change some options in my PVR addon anymore (port for example), getting a similar error:
ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()
ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
edit2: Going back to XBMC 20131112-0c901cb fixes those problems.
edit3: looks fixed in XBMC 20131116-f8b9117
edit4: Seems only fixed on windows, I'm using the same vnsi client for both my windows and ubuntu machine but only one of them finds the tv logos. The exception in CAppliction is fixed though.

edit5: solved as of 44min ago, thanks a lot.
You can "easily" find out which exact commit broke the thing by doing a bisect. Here's a decent tutorial.
Thanks for the tip, I'm not set up to compile xbmc myself so I can only use the nightlies from launchpad/xbmc.org, I've just checked how many commits there are between a working version and a non working and I do think it will be rather hard to get to the bottom of this without the possibility to compile it myself and check afterwards.

Since I got this in both vanilla xbmc on windows and my ubuntu htpc I would guess I'm not the only one affected, maybe I posted it in the wrong forum since it seems to affect more then just the PVR part, will keep a look for fixes and otherwise I may try my luck again on the xbmc bugtracker/general help section.
I had the same issue last few days (last time I checked was two days ago though)

Missing PVR icons

and Empty Browse Dialog:

Code:
Loading skin file: FileBrowser.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

everytime when trying to edit any xbmc setting with "Path" value already set.
This seems partially fixed now with XBMC 20131116-f8b9117, on windows everything works flawless, no more CApplication error and I can find my TV Logos.

Different story on ubuntu though, CApplication error is gone and I can freely change the path to my Logos again, but it only seems to find logo files with no capital letters. I've turned on debug logging but there is no output apart from:

Code:
PVRChannelGroupsContainer - SearchMissingChannelIcons - starting channel icon search

I've renamed all my logo files from the correct "Channel Name.png" to "channel name.png" and presto, all the logos are found again. Question is why was this changed?
They've been changing some of the core string handling functions, I guess this is one of the side effects.
Fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9307...c339873fd9
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks a lot! Smile
yup, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Searching for PVR logos broken in latest nightlies?0