New Raspberry Pi enclosure
Here is brand new designed from scratch raspberry Pi enclosure. Let us know what you think and we can improve the design. Smile
We are not here to asking you to buy anything, but this link is the only link that explains everything in detail if anyone really interested.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915...p?ref=live
Nice, but will not buy a case that costs more than the raspberry pi it self, sorry
Of course. That's why there are so many cases out there made from plastic and thin metal sheets.
Helado is just another option for these who enjoys more ornamental enclosures.
Coolest cover I've seen yet. I'm tempted!
You can join the early bird backers, bit cheaper that way.
The price is mainly the cost for the materials. Solid alum price can not be competitive against plastic and other materials. But it is one of the best options for enclosure since it conduct heat extremely well.
It looks really nice...

I really hope that you that this project will be funded eventually...

I don't have a Rasp though Smile

Also please consider making an Intel Nuc casing like this... (for the new Haswell Nucs)...
It looks reminiscent of a piston from a gasoline engine, I like the case but how does it help keep the Pi cool? Does the inside of the case touch the RAM/CPU/Network chips?
Yes. If you open the link there is a picture shows the inside of the enclosure. The square shaped metal in the very centre is indeed in contact with CPU.
We did overclock it and the whole enclosure gets warmed up significantly.

As for the Intel Nuc, we are actually looking at it right now. We already considered the options to make case for that. The main issues we are trying to solve is the design. If machined out of solid alum it will be costly and inefficient.
(2013-11-15, 21:41)JasonQsine Wrote: Yes. If you open the link there is a picture shows the inside of the enclosure. The square shaped metal in the very centre is indeed in contact with CPU.
We did overclock it and the whole enclosure gets warmed up significantly.

As for the Intel Nuc, we are actually looking at it right now. We already considered the options to make case for that. The main issues we are trying to solve is the design. If machined out of solid alum it will be costly and inefficient.

Maybe copper for the cooling ?... Nod

(nvm ... this thread is for Rasp... Good luck on your project..)
We choose alum because it is easier to machine.
When the case become bigger the solid metal block gets bigger and cost goes up very quickly.
Copper is substantially more expensive over aluminum.
(2013-11-16, 05:24)f1vefour Wrote: Copper is substantially more expensive over aluminum.

Thank you, didnt know... Nod
I like how it can be used as a drink mat.
(2013-11-16, 12:10)joelbaby Wrote: I like how it can be used as a drink mat.

Yes that's what I am doing with mine Cool
its got seating for the cpu but isn't there 3 area of concern for heat?

http://nwazet.com/Media/Default/Product/...ayback.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Raspberry Pi enclosure1