recording not stopping.
Has anybody seen this? I usually have to delete the recorded files about every other day. I am not home now so do not have any logs to provide.
I am experiencing same problem. Have you found a solution as I can't find anything in the next PVR setup to remedy this
I've noticed on the NextPVR forum (XBMC sub-forum) that there are a few problems reported regarding streams not stopping, and trouble changing channels. Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be a lot of activity toward fixing issues like this. No complaints, just an observation. It's free software after all.

Anyway, after a few months on Argus and then a month on NextPVR, I'm in the process of moving to MCE as my backend. NPVR seemed quite promising and IMO it's just one or two bug fixes away from being perfect, but it's just not quite stable enough for my family.
Unfortunately the fix for this was created by sub a few days too late for Frodo 12.2 but it is in 12.3. It isn't in Gotham either but I posted a link to my own update for Win32 on the NextPVR forums.

Martin
Thanks Emveepee, I did try both 12.3 as well as a patch that was offered here:
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post454648

Unfortunately I continued to have problems both on PVR client 1.6.4 with the patch (timeshift enabled, connecting to NPVR 3.1.1) and also with XBMC 12.3 which includes client 1.6.5.

My particular problem was that the first channel would play fine, and subsequent channels would also change as expected if I selected them without stopping the first stream. However if I stop the first stream (just by pressing remote control stop button) and then navigate to another channel in the EPG then everything would freeze for a minute or two until it times out. It's an easy problem to work around for me, but I'm sure you can understand that it was driving other family members crazy.

Anyway, not a big deal. I've moved on. But it does seem that a few people continued to struggle (in the thread I linked above) even after the patch was offered.

NPVR is a great product. I look forward to its growing popularity in the XBMC community. Thanks for your work on this!
(2013-11-14, 00:09)awp0 Wrote: Thanks Emveepee, I did try both 12.3 as well as a patch that was offered here:
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post454648

Applying that patch was a big mistake, you need to be running 3.1.1 with it's patches not old modules. I am not the author of NextPVR, but I think it's pretty good, but the WMC PVR is looking very promising too. I happen to really, really dislike the WMC interface and XBMC isn't powerful enough.

Martin
Pretty sure I was running the patch against the older version of NPVR. Part of the problem is that these NPVR patches seem to exist only deep in the forums. They're not referenced in the "getting started with the NextPVR XBMC add-on" sticky thread or in the documentation. Or at least that's what it seems. I had trouble finding a good guide that showed me which patches I need, etc. Anyway, during troubleshooting this problem I think my sequence was:
1) XBMC 12.2 with NPVR 2.6.2 with Client 1.6.4
2) XBMC 12.2 with NPVR 2.6.2 with Client 1.6.4 with NPVR patch (from thread above)
3) XBMC 12.2 with NPVR 3.1.1 with Client 1.6.4 (no patch)
4) XBMC 12.3 with NPVR 3.1.1 with Client 1.6.5

The problem never went away and I pretty much gave up. Meanwhile I noticed all of the activity on the WMC thread and people seemed to writing great things about it. I realized that Win7 might be a good switch for me as well (had been running Win Server 2012), plus I could install an SSD while I was at it. I already had the license so why not. A few hours later I was up and running with a fresh new Win7 OS and MCE (and nice little 64-gig SSD). And EPG updates for free now Smile

Btw, what do you mean "XBMC isn't powerful enough"? You mean as a PVR (I'd agree)?
The WMC plugin appears to be perfect for most XBMC windows users and it should be the starting point but at the same time there are reasons many of us who used PVR for years opted to not use WMC. Microsoft didn't make digital TV friendly for Canadians.

Yes I meant that the xbmc PVR frontend still cannot meet 100% of my PVR requirements. Also Frodo and earlier aren't that really great mpeg-ts players. The new ffmpeg in Gotham make compatibility with broadcast streams much better, but if the improvements for fast channel changes are added somehow, there will another year and a half of complaints. I have no idea if that is better with WMC

I use Vista for a backend without issue and I can't help think that some of you issues was that you didn\t use Win7 as the NextPVR backend.

Martin
Yeah, I think XBMC isn't quite ready for people who are heavy into TV and PVR and expect it to have the same PVR functionality as a Tivo. But hopefully it'll continue improving with time.

Regarding NPVR and the operating system, you could be correct. I don't know for sure. Mce.pvr is working well for me right now, but if I encounter issues then maybe I'll try NPVR again.

Anyway, cheers. Thanks for all of this info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
recording not stopping.0