[TEST] Working AirPlay for iOS 7 and Mavericks on Raspbmc
Hi,

I just bought a Raspberry and I’m having Raspbmc running as media center. I’ve read a lot about the IOS 7 problem, so therefore I’m sharing my “test findings”.
- First off all I bought a pre-installed Raspbmc. I downloaded some add-ons, watched a movie etc. the raspbmc was working fine. After turning on Airplay, it did worked quite well the first day. After turning the raspbmc off, and turning it on the next day, I was only able to use AirPlay as speaker (sometimes the TV icon appears, but I didn't used it).
- After some “research” I read the first post of this thread, so I installed the fix on my raspbmc. At first sight it seems to worked fine. I used apps as youtube, camera roll and Spotify streaming from my IPhone. Later the AirPlay icon on my Iphone disappeared and didn’t come back.

What did I try after installing the fix?
- After playing one or two movies -> Airplay icon disappear on Iphone
- Airplay icon was still visible on ITunes (Windows 7 PC)
- Turning off and on wifi on Iphone -> did work (sometimes TV icon appear)
- Renaming to Airplay or Appletv -> Didn’t work (in my opinion, it just restarted airplay so the icon was visible again)
- Turning off and on airplay -> Didn’t work
- Restarting Iphone -> Worked most of the times, but if i'm not using Airplay, the TV icon disappear
- Restarting router -> Checked the latest firmware.
- Wired instead of wifi -> Didn’t work
- Turning off Ipv6 on Raspberry-> Didn’t work

Device’s I’ve tested with:
- IPhone 5 -> IOS 7 (7.0.3)
- IPhone 5 -> Same IPhone update to 7.0.4
- Different IPhone 5 (7.0.3)
- IPhone 4 (7.0.3)

My logfile is clean!

In the afternoon I downloaded the latest version of RaspBMC and installed it on a new SD. After installing the Wi-Fi dongle -> I still have the same problem as I had before installing the fix (only speaker icon) but, the icon does not disappear.

Regards,
Hello, I've tested on an iphone4 with IOS6 (which was working before the fix) - audio works, video nearly works, get the first frame then nothing.

On Iphone 5s with IOS7.0.4 (which only worked for audio before) audio works but stutters, video shows "Video is playing on external display" but doesn't actually display anything.

So, still some work required unfortunately - thanks John

BTW Really naffed off with IOS7... lesson learnt... don't upgrade until problems ironed out... my iphone 4s became buggy and jerky after upgrade :-( Apple gone down in my estimations recently... was close to seriously considering alternatives.
Is anyone testing these fixes with PLEX app on IOS7?

I ask because as yet fixes seem to "semi" work, but the PLEX App refuses to see these targets at all (neither as just audio, or video)

I wondered if anyone is aware of this?

I have badgered the guys at PLEX but they are adamant that as ATV shows up their code is good, weirdly though things like spotify recognise RASPBMC.....
I have read lots about ios7 and people say that AP mirroring from mavericks does not work as a known issue.

However can I just ask what the progress is with air play mirroring.
I have a raspberry pi model b 512mb. With openelec.latest version Sending it to xbmc with iphone 4 ios 7.0.4 Youtube working flawless. Photos working flawless. Audio is a bit slow first 10 sec. then working good.
Looks like audio has some issues. I think it will now get better with the new jailbreak.
Any update on airplay chaps? For me this is the one big feature I am waiting on.
(2014-03-23, 16:36)congyiszizu Wrote: Any update on airplay chaps? For me this is the one big feature I am waiting on.

Yes, latest test builds from milhouse and miappa have this patch:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4414

which does make AirPlay usable with iOS 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TEST] Working AirPlay for iOS 7 and Mavericks on Raspbmc0