Performance on raspbmc
Hi!

I am using Raspbmc on raspberry pi, SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16GB (SDHC) (Class 10) and using usb to boot. Still when i open some movie it takes time to open it. It takes too much time and i can see working and rotate arrow for long time before it opens up.

Secondly i have seen some times that the system hangs and restarts.

Any tips/suggestion to get rid of these problem.

Thanks
This is quite common:

10:33:17 T:2765530176 NOTICE: 0 items /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.SportsDevil/resources/catchers/__streams.cfg -> http://cricfree.tv/update/skys2.php
10:33:21 T:2847929408 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.SportsDevil/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
Try some other video add-on, such as YouTube, and see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then it may be due to that add-on or where it gets its content. Also keep in mind that the RPi is not a speed demon.
Ok thanks. Can it be that xbmc performs better then Raspbmc. I know Raspbmc is drive from xbmc but just thought of it
May be as I am running xbmc on my windows and it works pretty fast.
The error i posted does it lead to something? Also can i improve Raspbmc performace and also avoid some crashes?
Raspbmc is just the name for a Debian (OS)/XBMC combo installation. It's still XBMC.
What is it you are playing? A local file? Streaming?

Define 'long time'.

You are not booting from USB. Do you have RaspBMC installed on USB? The speed of your SD card is then meaningless. The speed of your USB stick is what counts.

The most common cause of the system hanging and restarting is an insufficient power supply. Without any other information we have to assume that IS the problem here.

Go here to http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=5909 to see what information is needed, and to see how to test whether your power supply is good enough to run a media centre on the Pi.
I ran into this issue a lot when first starting with openelec\xbmc. System hanging, xbmc rebooting on its own and after reading the forums here and several complete wipes and restarting, All those issues was caused from xbmchubs big installer that installs a crap ton of addons (its the only place I have seen sportsdevil listed). It is simply put, very unstable. Its not just the pi that has those issues, windows and xbmc was just as unstable for me with that bundle. Since starting over on both windows and the pi and not installing that big installer, I have had absolutely 0 issues with the stability of both systems. I to fell for the youtube videos of it being the one stop shop for add ins and while it does have some cool stuff, its not worth the stability issues it caused.

Another issue that I have with openelec/xbmc on the pi is the artwork downloader. If you have that active and it goes out to download fanart, it will slow the system to a crawl even overclocked to turbo. So if you use that and notice the system isnt responding, just wait a few minutes and it is probably the artwork downloader grabbing fan art. Even though I dont have it marked to run in the background, it sometimes does anyway and you dont know it till it gets done and pops up a message telling you it has retrieved some artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance on raspbmc0