• 25(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
(2014-03-17, 15:56)xnappo Wrote: Are you saying that in the above screenshot that when you click on 'Movies' it actually goes to 'Photos'?

Or are you just having problems with you homescreen short-cuts?

xnappo

xnappo, when I click on ANY link on that screen, I get a BLANK screen! Where do I go from here?

vtaylor1229
(2014-03-17, 17:51)mbc0 Wrote: Hi Mate, it is when I click movies from the movies screen here

It takes me to this page & I have to navigate to the movies folder for it to display the movies, it used to take me straight to the movies page like when I press the tv shows button it takes me straight to tv shows.... I cannot find a way of editing/checking the tile path...

I am not positive - but I believe that link should be somewhere in guisettings.xml. Really you need to ask im85288.

xnappo

(2014-03-17, 20:40)vtaylor1229 Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 15:56)xnappo Wrote: Are you saying that in the above screenshot that when you click on 'Movies' it actually goes to 'Photos'?

xnappo

xnappo, when I click on ANY link on that screen, I get a BLANK screen! Where do I go from here?

vtaylor1229

For that I need a log file.

xnappo
(2014-03-17, 17:51)mbc0 Wrote: Hi Mate, it is when I click movies from the movies screen here

It takes me to this page & I have to navigate to the movies folder for it to display the movies, it used to take me straight to the movies page like when I press the tv shows button it takes me straight to tv shows.... I cannot find a way of editing/checking the tile path...

Hi there, you can set the tile to point at a video node by selecting manage custom home tiles, video tile 1, select type as video node and navigate to the xbmb3c addon to your movies section.
Hello,

Just tried to install XBMB3C with Aeon Nox 4.0.9 skin. However, my version of XBMC is the latest Gotham beta 2, somehow i couldn't install the Aeon Nox 4.0.9 from the official repo, the option just remains dim, and it said it is incompatible. So I could't replace the Aeon Nox files from the XBMB3C folder. Any idea to make it works?

Thanks very much.
There is a version 4.1.9 or a beta of the new aeon nox 5 available see
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=142
there are a few example skins here:
http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...99-xbmb3c/

if your on gotham, then i think the only ones that have been modded to work with mb3 are experience1080++,confluence xbmb3c, and arctic-xbmb3c. otherwise you need to revert to frodo to use the 4.0.9 aeon nox changed files.
Thanks! Will give a try today.
Actually the Frodo skin works just fine in Gotham, so you can revert, get the skin and use it.

Do NOT copy the Frodo mods onto the Gotham NOX files - they are not compatible.

I explained in post #310 exactly what to do to mod a skin. It is trivial but time consuming.

I am really hoping someone else will take the time to mod the Gotham NOX so I can focus on core improvements...

But if not I will get around to it eventually since it is my favorite skin.

xnappo
(2014-03-18, 01:38)im85288 Wrote:

Hi there, you can set the tile to point at a video node by selecting manage custom home tiles, video tile 1, select type as video node and navigate to the xbmb3c addon to your movies section.

Thank you, this worked, not sure how it lost the fact that it was a video node on two machines but at least I know how to fix it... :-D
This is awesome work. I was able to ditch MySQL for this and it is working perfect. I am really impressed with the mediabrowser software. The only issue I have is that it odes not seem to work well with gotham. I am not seeing the fanart. I returned to Frodo now it is working fine.

Is it possible to send a wake command to the server if sleeping? Does any of themes include such an ability?
(2014-03-22, 22:35)rasstar Wrote: This is awesome work. I was able to ditch MySQL or this and it is working perfect. I am really impressed with the mediabrowser software.

Thanks! It is nice just to see a post that it is working well once in a while Smile

Ha see you edited and added some questions. It should definitely work with fanart in Gotham. What skin were you using? As to wake-on-lan I am not sure, will look into it.

xnappo
I've been testing this add-on and comparing it PlexBMC using the Xperience++ skin and it integrates very nicely. I especially like how the artwork comes through with XBMB3C in the library. There are four things that I believe would make this top notch and have me ditch the PlexBMC add-on all together. Please let me know if it is possible or why it has not yet been implemented:

1. ability to skip ahead like you can when playing normal videos from your home network. like jumping 10 minutes ahead (plexbmc has this ability)

2. display the proper information when watching a video. Right now when I press "info" it just shows the information for the stream, rather than the poster and episode/movie details. (not sure if this is a skin issue or not)

3. ability to control quality. as of now, it seems that the quality is adjusted automatically.

4. have trakt be able to scrobble what you're playing on XBMB3C
(2014-03-23, 19:36)fonzie Wrote: I've been testing this add-on and comparing it PlexBMC using the Xperience++ skin and it integrates very nicely. I especially like how the artwork comes through with XBMB3C in the library. There are four things that I believe would make this top notch and have me ditch the PlexBMC add-on all together. Please let me know if it is possible or why it has not yet been implemented:

1. ability to skip ahead like you can when playing normal videos from your home network. like jumping 10 minutes ahead (plexbmc has this ability)

2. display the proper information when watching a video. Right now when I press "info" it just shows the information for the stream, rather than the poster and episode/movie details. (not sure if this is a skin issue or not)

3. ability to control quality. as of now, it seems that the quality is adjusted automatically.

1. Do you mean when streaming instead of playing over SMB?
2. In progress for next release
3. You are using the transcoding feature? This is easy to add - seems like most people are not using it though since there are MB3 clients for mobile devices
4. Does the MB3 Trakt plugin not do this?

xnappo
(2014-03-23, 19:47)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 19:36)fonzie Wrote: I've been testing this add-on and comparing it PlexBMC using the Xperience++ skin and it integrates very nicely. I especially like how the artwork comes through with XBMB3C in the library. There are four things that I believe would make this top notch and have me ditch the PlexBMC add-on all together. Please let me know if it is possible or why it has not yet been implemented:

1. Do you mean when streaming instead of playing over SMB?
2. In progress for next release
3. You are using the transcoding feature? This is easy to add - seems like most people are not using it though since there are MB3 clients for mobile devices
4. Does the MB3 Trakt plugin not do this?

xnappo

1. I should have mentioned that I am using the XBMB3C add-on to stream from outside my network

2. awesome!

3. yes, I am using transcoding because it is coming from outside the network and there is not enough bandwidth to view full resolution

4. I corrected this issue. I installed the MB3 Trakt plugin as well as the trakt add-on in XBMC. It is now properly scrobbling.
(2014-03-17, 21:31)xnappo Wrote:

I am not positive - but I believe that link should be somewhere in guisettings.xml. Really you need to ask im85288.

xnappo

(2014-03-17, 20:40)vtaylor1229 Wrote:

xnappo

vtaylor1229

For that I need a log file.

xnappo

xnappo, Thanks for your very quick response! My response to your request for a log file has been much later in coming due to problems with my email (ahhh - the vicissitudes of living in developing countries! - but here is the log file (below) at last!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157126

Thanks in advance

vtaylor1229
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5