Solved Cleaning up thumbs
So I am using a program that processes my videos (movies and T.V.); it basically grabs all the information about the show, gets the banners, posters, fanart, actor thumbs, metadata, etc. and puts it all to my NAS box. The structure it does this is basically Movies > Movie Title folder and then everything about the movie is contained in there. The only thing it does not do is get is the "extrafanart", but I do that from within XBMC by using the "Artwork Downloader". With that said over the years XBMC has downloaded images and thumbs located at;

C:\User\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

Probably because of my ignorance I have accumulated all these across my three XBMC systems. So when I view on a system the DVD cover it might not match what the DVD cover looks like on my other systems. So I am not sure, but I believe it is pulling it from the location I mentioned above. So for ease, can I just delete all those thumbs and images contained within all those sub folders from above so that I can just point all my movies to the one central location which is my NAS box? That way all my movie DVD covers, actor thumbs, banners, etc. are all the same throughout my three computers.

Or is there a setting that will delete all those from within XBMC; an add-on?

In the future can I also just turn off any and all "movie" add-ons from searching for these things like "The Movie DB" and the "Universal Movie Scraper"? I just want my XBMC to use the metadata and the picture files that are on my NAS box and not from the above location. Plus I have really small drives and I already have 4-6GB of pictures in the above folder.
Can anyone help here or is this just not possible?
So played with this and found out it really jacks up your collection so I reverted back. So some questions;

Q1 - is there a program that cleans out old items. Example I have a movie that the DVD cover is in some Spanish or French language. Now according to where my movie resides and the file for the DVD cover there is in English. So poked around and there it is; in the above folder. So XBMC is using that Spanish, French DVD cover. So that's the reason I am asking; is there a way to clear those thumbs out?

Q2 - it does appear (in my case) that XBMC is having issues with the library of thumbs it has downloaded vs the ones I have stored with my movies in my NAS. Is there some add-on that can redirect these thumbs to the NAS? Example, I have Dr. Who (2005), but XBMC is pulling in T.V. thumbs for seasons of the really old Dr Who. They are actually black and white; that's how old. Now I can go in on some and change them while on others no matter what I do it reverts back to the old season cover. Poked around and again, the XBMC library of pics is where the old ones reside while my T.V. show folder with all the "correct' pics are on the NAS.

Q3 - same issue as question 2, except when trying to use a proper DVD cover, XBMC reverts back to using the Banner. For some reason XBMC will not release that old file and update itself to the new file pic.

So for me it appears that my XBMC set ups have some problem; I have a huge library and trying to fix this one by one per system will be painful. So I ask again, is there some sort of add-on or process to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Following thread just started and actually got help. Closed and following

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaning up thumbs0