how to use XBMC on iPad Air?
(2013-12-24, 02:01)SydneyGuy Wrote: I hope you keep using the old SDK for now as it fixed all my issues when I loaded a recent nightly. It's a shame with the recent iOS 7 jailbreak there was no support for ATV2/3 so many of us are stuck with very old versions of iOS that we can't do anything about.

What do you mean it fixed your issues? What issues?

This is probably something worth discussing at some point, going to say probably not now and is completely off topic, but it's probably going to be quite hard to find that sweet spot for the right SDK - one that updates how the hardware decoding works but doesn't introduce (too much) device incompatibility.

Memphiz - don't suppose you have had any random thoughts on this? Can understand if you haven't since it's a long way off yet, I presume the xbmc ios version for Apple TV and portable 'iDevices' are the same build?

Anyway completely off topic sorry :p
I don't know all the technicalities just that when I upgraded from Eden to Frodo I had a lot of problems with crashes, lookups etc. Then the devs decided to roll back to using an earlier SDK and all my problems went away with what was then the latest nightly. I've got 3 ATV2s all running early version iOS and with no jailbreak for the current version I can't really upgrade the iOS, hence my desire for the des to keep using the old SDK :-)
Oh right ok, yeah Memphiz said they tried ios 5 SDK but had problems with it so went back. That may or may not happen now with ios 6 or 7, can't know till they try right? Eitherway it's a while off yet so nothing to worry about really.
Just to make it clear does the 12.3 Frodo version released on 24.12.2013 have support for ipad air retina with ios7 out of the box or do we have to wait for a nightly build that adds that ? Memphiz said he will add support for ipad air and ios 7 in the next nightly but that was a day before they released 12.3 Frodo.
So far it seems 12.3 works perfectly fine. The only issue is that the HDMI and VGA video out cables don't work properly on iOS 7, but that doesn't effect the internal screen.
(2013-12-25, 04:34)Ned Scott Wrote: So far it seems 12.3 works perfectly fine. The only issue is that the HDMI and VGA video out cables don't work properly on iOS 7, but that doesn't effect the internal screen.

Not sure if you understood my question the way i ment it.
I was mostly interested in the part if it works out of the box on ipad air... someone in this thread said earlier that he isnt getting the proper resolution using the ipad air one of the devs then said that he will add support for that in the next nightly build but that was one day before 12.3 was released. I was just wondering of the ipad air support and retina support was added in the 12.3 do we still need to wait for the announced nightly
(2013-12-25, 05:21)Triumphant Wrote:
(2013-12-25, 04:34)Ned Scott Wrote: So far it seems 12.3 works perfectly fine. The only issue is that the HDMI and VGA video out cables don't work properly on iOS 7, but that doesn't effect the internal screen.

Not sure if you understood my question the way i ment it.
I was mostly interested in the part if it works out of the box on ipad air... someone in this thread said earlier that he isnt getting the proper resolution using the ipad air one of the devs then said that he will add support for that in the next nightly build but that was one day before 12.3 was released. I was just wondering of the ipad air support and retina support was added in the 12.3 do we still need to wait for the announced nightly

Yeah, the interface is not retina on iPad Air yet, but it still works just fine.
I found mine 'sped up' (interface navigation) after going to a gotham build? Is that an improvement of gotham, or was it just enough time for the 'dust to settle'? It kinda felt like the difference between frodo and gotham on the pi imo. Anyway not complaining it really is amazing <3

I wouldn't mind finding out how to add touch controls though (swipe - in particular volume up/down like other App Store video players, I think this was added in April/may builds?). Does it only work in a particular build / skin / device though?
(2013-12-25, 11:50)Platypus2 Wrote: I found mine 'sped up' (interface navigation) after going to a gotham build? Is that an improvement of gotham, or was it just enough time for the 'dust to settle'? It kinda felt like the difference between frodo and gotham on the pi imo. Anyway not complaining it really is amazing <3

I wouldn't mind finding out how to add touch controls though (swipe - in particular volume up/down like other App Store video players, I think this was added in April/may builds?). Does it only work in a particular build / skin / device though?

Nightly builds can use swipe controls in a touchscreen.xml file, similar to other keymaps (wiki). I'm trying to get this one included by default: https://raw.github.com/NedScott/xbmc/96e...screen.xml

Two finger swipe (pointers="2") doesn't seem to be working with FullScreenVideo, but I'm not sure why.

Touch should also work with VolumeUp and VolumeDown actions too.
(2013-12-23, 22:03)Memphiz Wrote: retina support for iPad Air and iPad 2 Mini will be enabled as of the next nightly build.

I just want to say thank you for adding retina support for the air in the nightly. It looks amazing now Big Grin
First of all sorry my little english.I have a problem for xbmc subtitle add on (xbmc 12.3-1/ iPad air).Video osd settings are gone.Only likely subtitle alternative is open subtitle add-on.And so many add-on says incompatible.I've never experience this kind problems on my atv and macbook.
Could someone give me the link where to download the correct version for ipad air (support for retina display?) thanks
(2013-12-29, 12:39)ajalro Wrote: Could someone give me the link where to download the correct version for ipad air (support for retina display?) thanks

This is the one I'm using;

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...er-ios.deb
(2013-12-25, 22:07)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-12-25, 11:50)Platypus2 Wrote: I found mine 'sped up' (interface navigation) after going to a gotham build? Is that an improvement of gotham, or was it just enough time for the 'dust to settle'? It kinda felt like the difference between frodo and gotham on the pi imo. Anyway not complaining it really is amazing <3

Nightly builds can use swipe controls in a touchscreen.xml file, similar to other keymaps (wiki). I'm trying to get this one included by default: https://raw.github.com/NedScott/xbmc/96e...screen.xml

Two finger swipe (pointers="2") doesn't seem to be working with FullScreenVideo, but I'm not sure why.

Touch should also work with VolumeUp and VolumeDown actions too.

So I got the touch controls to work, well except for VolumeUp/Down. I'll do some more trail and error but I have a feeling that iOS might be different in the way it handles the volume? Not sure...might need Memphiz's input, when he gets a chance, on whether the usual VolumeUp/Down action works with iOS. I think the VolumeUp/Down is XBMC's volume and not the devices? - Actually just doing some searching and I get the impression you can't control the volume on iOS, though the posts I'm looking at were 2 years ago so maybe somethings changed >.<

Edit: I can't get play or pause to work either, maybe some actions just don't work at the moment? I guess it is alpha after all :p?
Post your gesture.xml to pastebin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to use XBMC on iPad Air?0