how to use XBMC on iPad Air?
(2014-01-01, 15:49)Memphiz Wrote: Post your gesture.xml to pastebin

Do you mean touchscreen.xml? Can't find gesture.xml :p

If it is then here;
http://pastebin.com/DpDHupaJ

It's nothing complicated, only 4 actions for full screen video, I removed the other things that came with the other examples as I don't really care about them lol and didn't see a reason to leave them in. Step back works fine so I know 'it's working', I expect I have probably put in the wrong actions, or maybe they just don't work yet Smile

Don't worry too much about it though, there are more important things to worry about at the moment (I.e tv out), if it's obvious to you what the problem is then great otherwise it's only a 'first world problem' not like I can't live without touchscreen swipes for the time being :p
Yeah, XBMC will only control the XBMC-level volume, and not the OS volume. You might be able to work around this with Activator from Cydia, though.
(2014-01-02, 01:01)Ned Scott Wrote: You might be able to work around this with Activator from Cydia, though.

Yeah I thought about that, but since I only really want it when XBMC is playing a video I think it might get a bit complicated.

Probably easier to just stop being lazy and press the buttons Smile

**Just curious, might iOS volume control be available on a higher SDK? Just wondering if that was something else that I could look forward to (along with no 1080p 'down-scaling') if it ever happens Wink
This is the most active thread about IOS 7.0.4. Installed on iPad 2 and can not get FILE MANAGER to open a text entry box to allow entry of an IP address for a new source. Anyone have any issues on iPad Air running XBMC ? May have to try switching to the nightly build mentioned previous. Wondering now if it's just the Confluence skin I am using.

Nevermind. User error. Needed to use TWO FINGERS to get the text entry box to pop up.
Controlling the ios volume from within xbmc will not happen. We tried this on osx and got shot down by users. So nope. (i mean there are the hw volume buttons just use them...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-04, 18:59)Memphiz Wrote: Controlling the ios volume from within xbmc will not happen. We tried this on osx and got shot down by users. So nope. (i mean there are the hw volume buttons just use them...)

I thought this was fixed by the recent addition of "Enable system keys in full screen" (XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices), but now I see this isn't available in Mac OS X. Since the issue of not wanting to add another setting is now moot, maybe Mac OS X/iOS could use this too?

Enable system keys in full screen - Enables system keys like printscreen, alt-tab, and volume keys when in fullscreen
Its not so easy to get the setting into that part of code (i tried on osx and didn't find an elegant solution - its deep in obj-c code where we don't have access to the settings). This was long before this setting came in - and as ususal nobody of the linux guys told us this setting was added.

Clear no from me. I don't have any passion anymore for this stupid hw keys control xbmc volume or os volume feature. Its set - those keys control xbmc volume until another dev changes this in a sane way.

BTW on ios there is no way to control the ios volume that i know of.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-06, 02:44)Memphiz Wrote: Its not so easy to get the setting into that part of code (i tried on osx and didn't find an elegant solution - its deep in obj-c code where we don't have access to the settings). This was long before this setting came in - and as ususal nobody of the linux guys told us this setting was added.

Clear no from me. I don't have any passion anymore for this stupid hw keys control xbmc volume or os volume feature. Its set - those keys control xbmc volume until another dev changes this in a sane way.

BTW on ios there is no way to control the ios volume that i know of.

Fair enough, for me at least - it was just me being lazy Tongue, my only reasoning for it is it is quite hard to turn the volume up one handed with an iphone 5/5s Rofl

HW volume aside - is there any reason play/pause/stop swipe commands wouldn't be working, and also is there anyway to possibly add volume amplification to swipe commands? That at least would help with small volume changes - its very hard to change on the iphone with touched skin lol, its just so small...and its right above audio offset which is even more annoying when you accidentally change that instead Tongue.
no time to look into that yet... sounds like a bug.
(2014-01-06, 03:04)Memphiz Wrote: no time to look into that yet... sounds like a bug.

Yeah no problem, I understand its not exactly an urgent concern at the moment Big Grin

Maybe you could look sometime before Gotham goes live though plx Blush
Its 2a.m. ... and i am sure its not ios related but a generic issue (same for android) ... i will try to ping another dev if i don't forget about it.
could someone link the better version of xbmc for ipad air jailbroken and explain how to install?
Very thanks
Is there an repository where I can download a working iPad Air copy?
(2014-02-03, 20:04)iAmRenzo Wrote: Is there an repository where I can download a working iPad Air copy?

The existing one. 12.3 and nightly builds both support the iPad Air. See HOW-TO:Install XBMC for iOS (wiki) and please read the "Read me 1st" post next time.
(2014-02-03, 20:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 20:04)iAmRenzo Wrote: Is there an repository where I can download a working iPad Air copy?

The existing one. 12.3 and nightly builds both support the iPad Air. See HOW-TO:Install XBMC for iOS (wiki) and please read the "Read me 1st" post next time.

I believe a part of my post is gone.
The problem I have is that after installing xbmc from the original repository, there isn't a xbmc icon on my springboard. I've installed xbmc just after the jailbreak was released, but it didn't work in the iPad Air.
I removed it.
If 12.3-1 is usable on an iPad Air... It has to popup on my springboard, it does not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to use XBMC on iPad Air?0