flash bios section
possible feature,, but not implemented?

where is the pb plz?
how often do you need this function? once maybe maybe twice on a normal xboxs lifespan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

maybe because this is an application for the xbox... how you mess with the box to get it to work is your baby. but i admit i once thought of that question and will say i have only done my mod chip 2 times in 2 years which is hardly worth opening up an entire section for xbmc or strining the coders when they have alot they are working on already.
(pike @ jan. 31 2006,20:40 Wrote:how often  do you need this function? once maybe maybe twice on a normal xboxs lifespan
not really, people experiment all the time with different bios, to get the one they want. also if they only did it once, why is there a program called 'xbtool' to customise colours etc.
bullshit, no matter how you try and twist it, this is a rarely used feature, something that is perfect to have in an external app
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hi

to change a bios under xbmc dashboard, without launching another apps or dashboard, and reboot in a vga mode or other bios after a quick flash...arf! a simple evox can do that,
why not xbmc :kickass:
Sad 
i said this many times before and i will say it again; xbmc is not an operating-system!!!, xbmc is not and will never be a 'all features/functions you could possible want rolled into one piece of software', if you want non video/audio-player features or functions to run on the xbox then either write a python-script for it yourself to be able to run it under xbmc or install xbox-linux if you need a full os.
:o that's a dangerous question!,
i have it the answer, xbmc is not a full open dashboard...

simply a mediacenter, and evox is an o.s :joker:
Sad 
(gazgaz @ feb. 01 2006,10:16 Wrote::o that's a dangerous question!,
i have it the answer, xbmc is not a full open dashboard...

simply a mediacenter, and evox is an o.s  :joker:
you still don't get it :hmm:

yes xbmc is 'simply' an media-player application, but that doesn't make a evox nor any other homebrew dashboard an an o.s. (not avalaunch, nor unleashx, etc.), ...as a dashboard is not the same as an operating-system, no applications runs under any homebrew dashboards:

please understand that we have to draw the line somewhere, xbmc is after all not an operating system with all acomponing software you can install, ...i've seen requests for e-mail server, build-in mini-games, file-server, dhcp-server, java-runtime-enviroment, even other game-console emulators and many other odd things that do not belong in a media-player application (which again is after all what xbmc is),  ...i know that many people get excited when they see everything that xbmc can do and the want it to do 'just a little more' to "make xbmc perfect for them", i can partially understand this but you have to be realistic, (and only arguing that "my weather" doesn't belong in a media center so why should not their 'special feature' not be added too is not a reason enough to add all and anything to xbmc).

once again to once again cleaify and settle this; xbmc is not an operating system. xbmc is one excutable running in one process, the xbox bios (which is as close to an operating system you get on the original xbox as it is it that controlles the low-level access to the xbox hardware resourses such as memory, processor and harddrive, and presents that as a high-level api (application program interface) to the application or game running on the xbox) do not support more than one excutable/process running at any one time.      ...a simplified definition of a operating system (os) is an under-laying system software responsible for the direct control and management of hardware, and additionally can have several excutables (application software) running under it at the time (and each of those excutables can be running one or more processes), see wikipedia.org for a more detailed description.

if you want to run a true operating system on the xbox then a xbox-linux distribution is your only choise (in order to run linux on the xbox they replace the xbox-bios with a real x86 bios, as the xbox-bios can not run linux, and that linux-bios can run multiple process which the operating-system running on  that xbox control, ...and the linux bios for xbox can not xbox games made with the xdk)

ps! see xbox-linux faq for more answers to questions like: the xbox is a standard pc, isn't it?, and why not develop on top of the xbox kernel?
sorry gamester for my joke!

xbmc is a great dashboard, impossible for me to build 10 per cent of all you can do on xbmc.

every time i flash my bios under evox, always this question comes to me in same-time "why not under xbmc.."

sorry!! i only want to know why? and i make this post in the "feature suggestion".

i prefer a sincere answer than a "nobody's doing that", "that's a bull shit" or a "make it yourself"...

i understand why that is not possible to including this basic function.

there is no problem? i'm always an xbmc supporter.

this request irritated some persons..sorry  Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flash bios section0