Updated Gotham build with extra features
(2014-07-02, 18:25)aa2k Wrote: Thanks Sub3, appreciate the suggestion. I already tried that and it did not make any difference, hopefully the developers can bring a new/upgraded plugin to the table soon... I find a lot of the same all over the net..
I'm the developer.

If it didn't help, then it could be something else. I assume Live TV works fine in NextPVR itself? You'd probably need reproduce the problem, with XBMC debug logging enabled, and supply the xbmc.log, as well as npvr.log and nrecord.log.
Hi sub3,

Well.. you were right, I was wrong.. I apologize... I did the 'turning on timeshift mode' change on all 3 systems but I did not reboot the systems at that time when the change was made so maybe that is way it did not take... but I ended up reinstalling openelec again (it does not take long time anyways) since I have made so many changes when I was trying to make it work..then I added the NextPVR add-on again and rebooted the system one more time after that (after turning on timeshift mode on)... and the Live TV worked!!!.. the nice thing is that the Live TV does not freeze when changing channels anymore like it did with windows media center or mythtv (I tried those 2 before).. I tested this yesterday and I am pleased to say it works really well so far!!! and haven't gotten a freeze. I will test further this weekend...

I am running my NextPVR (3.2.9) server out of a Windows 7 w/sp1 x64 VIrtual Machine under ESXi 5.5.. using a HDHomerun Prime and Schedules Direct programing for guide...
Live TV worked great in the NextPVR server itself so it was puzzling why I could not see it on the clients..

Do you know if there is a way to backup the settings form the NextPVR server in case I want to transfer the setup to a dedicated machine?

Thanks so much!
(2014-07-03, 17:39)aa2k Wrote: Do you know if there is a way to backup the settings form the NextPVR server in case I want to transfer the setup to a dedicated machine?
The NextPVR settings are stored in config.xml. The channel lists and recordings are stored in npvr.db3. These can easily be backed up and moved etc.
(2013-11-17, 18:11)sub3 Wrote: I've posted an updated Windows build of the NextPVR addon here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.php?a...1384704483
Changes:
Quote:- added dialog to set recurring recordings, giving the same recurring options as NextPVR.
- added support for retrieving and storing last playback position
- now requires NextPVR 3.1.1 or higher
- fixed a bug that could cause an EPG event with no description to have a copy of last show's description, or cause a crash if the user was unlucky.
- includes bug fix for problem where live tv streams would sometimes not detect the connection was gone, so would continue recording
- more flexible approach to genre
- added support for EDL (though XBMC PVR framework doesn't seem to be calling this in my Gotham build)

NextPVR add-on installed is 1.9.7

One more question, how do you get colored guide (depending on type of program: movie, show, etc) under the EPG time line like in your picture? mine show all same (gray) color and also no logon under the channel number (not so important about the logo but colored guide would be great). I dont see a setting for it.
Thanks again.
(2014-07-04, 18:34)aa2k Wrote: NextPVR add-on installed is 1.9.7

One more question, how do you get colored guide (depending on type of program: movie, show, etc) under the EPG time line like in your picture? mine show all same (gray) color and also no logon under the channel number (not so important about the logo but colored guide would be great). I dont see a setting for it.
Which country are you in, and what are you using for your EPG source? ie, it'll work automatically if you're using a DVB tuner and the DVB EPG, since this is what XBMC designed it's genre coloring around. For other countries or EPG sources there is extra steps you need to do.
Hi,
I am in East side USA - Washingoton DC area. I am using HDHomerun Prime as my tunner for EGP, us-ATSC (Verizon-FIos) - using Schedules direct for the guides (VA65087-X).. is this what you need?
For Schedules Direct based epg, try this http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...ranslation
(2014-07-06, 00:56)sub3 Wrote: For Schedules Direct based epg, try this http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...ranslation

Thanks, worked great! thanks so much... again.
i just tested nextpvr with xbmc 13.1 (margro build). the included pvr client is version 1.9.7. i got it to work but timeshift isnt working. there is also no possibility to change setting (configuration menü is greyed out). is that normal or is there anything i can do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Gotham build with extra features0