Updated Gotham build with extra features
I've posted an updated Windows build of the NextPVR addon here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.php?a...1384704483
Changes:
Quote:- added dialog to set recurring recordings, giving the same recurring options as NextPVR.
- added support for retrieving and storing last playback position
- now requires NextPVR 3.1.1 or higher
- fixed a bug that could cause an EPG event with no description to have a copy of last show's description, or cause a crash if the user was unlucky.
- includes bug fix for problem where live tv streams would sometimes not detect the connection was gone, so would continue recording
- more flexible approach to genre
- added support for EDL (though XBMC PVR framework doesn't seem to be calling this in my Gotham build)

KRA has kindly built and posted a Linux 64bit build of this updated plugin at: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post467390.

He's also posted Norwegian language file for this build.
I've posted a further updated Win32 build here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post467481

This build expands on the available options when setting up recurring recordings. You can set recurrence type, padding, number of recordings to keep, and recording directory.

@sub3
I really like the series link options you have added, & I note with interest your Sky/Freesat UK EPG work. At this stage the only thing that is keeping me with Mediaportal is the ability to automatically keep up with Sky's constant channel changes. As DJBlu has published his source code I was wondering if you had given any thoughts to adding similar functionality?
I'm not in the UK myself, so cant test anything specific to Sky / Freesat UK.
I'd be happy to assist on the test front if you have the time/interest on working on thisSmile
Without signals here, it's unlikely I'd develop anything Sky/Freesat specific, because its impossible to develop anything substantial if you cant tell it yourself while you're doing development. That said, there is nothing to stop someone in Europe from creating their own utility to automatically update the NextPVR channel lineups when their are changes in the Sky/Freesat services.
I have downloaded the latest zip file. Is it installed in XBMC as a traditional add on or do I extract the contents on top of the current plugin? I am using Gotham Beta 3 and when I attempt to add as a plugin from a zip file, it tells me that the dependencies are not met.

Thanks....
The updated addon is included in Gotham these days, so you shouldn't need this old zip file.
NPVR does not seem to work anymore.
@donbrew, what specific problem are you having? NextPVR and the XBMC addon is working for me pretty well, except for some odd recurring schedules issues that I posted in another thread here.
(2014-06-08, 21:23)pkscuot Wrote: @donbrew, what specific problem are you having? NextPVR and the XBMC addon is working for me pretty well, except for some odd recurring schedules issues that I posted in another thread here.

Turns out I'm a big fat dummy. I did something to my server OS (don't know what) a complete reinstall of windows 7 fixed it. I think I un-installed MySQL without doing something.

All is well now after much head scratching and trying to remember how to install everything.
"includes bug fix for problem where live tv streams would sometimes not detect the connection was gone"

I think the new client needs a fix now again...

I installed PVR 3.2.9 on Windows 7 w/sp2 64bit
latest PVR client installed on a HP t5745, HP t5740 and a Optiplex 745 - ll running openelec 4.0.6.. - all have the same issue.

EGP and Chanel listings are ok, it shows what it supposed to... selecting any channel does nothing... it complaint PVR client lost connection / tuner no longer available' message.

Would be possible to get a fix for this??

Thanks!!!!!!
(2014-07-01, 15:29)aa2k Wrote: EGP and Chanel listings are ok, it shows what it supposed to... selecting any channel does nothing... it complaint PVR client lost connection / tuner no longer available' message.
Try turning on timeshift mode in the addon settings.

A bug fix was submitted a while back for this, to fix 'tuner no longer available' type messages that some users would get, but I'm still waiting for it to make it's way through the XBMC release cycle.
Thanks Sub3, appreciate the suggestion. I already tried that and it did not make any difference, hopefully the developers can bring a new/upgraded plugin to the table soon... I find a lot of the same all over the net..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Gotham build with extra features0