• 109(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2016-12-07, 23:21)BobCratchett Wrote: Take a look at Static List Content (wiki) for how to define a static content for a panel.

Your final panels may look - very broadly - similar to the following. The first is for your custom widget with its static content. The second is for the various widgets Skin Shortcuts automatically allows the user to select with their dynamic content. However, the specific implementation - along with which properties you choose to check against (for example, you may wish to use widgetType to provide different layouts for music, movies, tvshows etc) is entirely a skinning issue.

It's worth checking the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file so you can see exactly what properties (and what values) are assigned to menu items.

Code:
<control type="panel">
    <!-- Show when it's the custom widget you've added -->
    <visible>String.IsEqual(Container([id-of-main-menu]).ListItem.Property([property-you're-checking-against]),[value-you're-checking-against])</visible>
    <!-- position, size, onup, etc -->
    <itemlayout />
    <focusedlayout />
    <content>
        <item />
        <item />
    </content>
</control>
<control type="panel">
    <!-- Show when it's not the custom widget you've added -->
    <visible>!String.IsEqual(Container([id-of-main-menu]).ListItem.Property([property-you're-checking-against]),[value-you're-checking-against])</visible>
    <!-- position, size, onup, etc -->
    <itemlayout />
    <focusedlayout />
    <content target="$INFO[Container([id-of-main-menu]).ListItem.Property(widgetTarget)]">$INFO[Container([id-of-main-menu]).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>
</control>
Thanks, I will try it
This may have already been asked I did a quick search with no answers but does this auto magical work with multiple languages or is it only English?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I'm not aware of any issues with different languages, except that not all strings are translated for all languages.
Okay cool thanks
another quick question will this work with kodi v18?
At this point there aren't any breaking changes to Kodi in v18 so yes, it should work fine at present.

Note, it is expected that some boolean conditions which the script uses will be removed sooner rather than later, so at that point the script will stop working fully (more accurately, the includes for templates won't work and possibly some other issues) - this is already fixed on git.

RetroPlayer - and the associated new windows - have also been added to v18. The script does not yet support these, though I'm currently giving some thought to how to add the new menu items associated with this feature to existing menus in a user-friendly way.

The answer is also a moving target - v18 is under heavy development and there may be breaking changes at any time. Generally, I'll try to keep the script broadly up-to-date (which is to say, when there are breaking changes I'll try and fix them within a week or two on git until Kodi 18 reaches at least beta, and after that they'll be updated on git ASAP; new or changed windows will attempted to be dealt with in a similar time frame, though if doing so in a user-friendly way requires more time then so be it). However, there are no guarantees that the repo version of the script will be compatible until late in the beta cycle.

This - and, indeed, your previous query regarding languages - are also areas where skinner feedback is hugely important. If you're trying something - and you are trying these things, rather than just asking, right...? - that isn't working, let us know. The changes to Kodi as they relate to this script can be huge between releases, and all feedback is needed to ensure that we get everything working properly in a user-friendly way before the next version of Kodi is released.

Edit: And, since writing that, the changes to Kodi L* thread has been updated to say the boolean conditions I referenced have now been removed. So the latest nightlies will now require the git version of the script.
Thanks... I had tried koi 18 out last night.... I figured if I am going to attempt to make a new skin I should be working toward the newest version... and the first thing I tested was this with no avail... I just wanted someone else's input because I am just starting and I thought it may have been something I was doing wrong.. but as you said I had the wrong version of this script. I have the official repo version not the GitHub.. so I will give it another shot a little later.

I didn't want to build a skin dependent on the script and it stop being supported in V18. So I am taking it that you will update this to work with V18 when the beta gets released then I will continue to incorporate this amazing script... I am new to skinning but I can already vouch for the how much your script has made my life so simple.

Edit: Just tested with the GitHub version still works Smile
I am using Kodi master and script.skinshortcuts master and I can't seem to get 111 to focus (in the management dialog), even when hovering over it with the mouse cursor. Anybody else has this problem? I've tried with the default script skin and the problem is there also.
I know this has been asked before but I can't make any sense if the answers I found.....I am setting up a icon / thumbnail home menu..... How do I sett the default images, not sure how to use the overrides.xml to actually make it work. I have read through the read me but I must me over thinking it....

Thanks for any advice
(2016-12-14, 09:32)BigNoid Wrote: I am using Kodi master and script.skinshortcuts master and I can't seem to get 111 to focus (in the management dialog), even when hovering over it with the mouse cursor. Anybody else has this problem? I've tried with the default script skin and the problem is there also.

Just tested with the scripts default skin and a recent Kodi nightly (master branch), and I'm able to focus 111 without problem. Is there anything interesting in your debug log...?

(Edit: Tested with latest Nox 5 repo + Skin Shortcuts git from my own fork - the only changes there to master git relate to retroplayer windows, so shouldn't affect this)
(2016-12-14, 10:35)smitchell6879 Wrote: I know this has been asked before but I can't make any sense if the answers I found.....I am setting up a icon / thumbnail home menu..... How do I sett the default images, not sure how to use the overrides.xml to actually make it work. I have read through the read me but I must me over thinking it....

Thanks for any advice

No need for the overrides.xml for default icon/thumbnails. Skin Shortcuts Docs: Providing default shortcuts. The docs represent my best effort to explain how the script works, so if you're still struggling you need to say exactly where you're struggling (what you've tried, what does and doesn't work, etc).
@BobCratchett could you try latest nightly? According to my testings the problems start with the nightly from 13 dec (kodi-20161212-5342ce9-master-x86_64.dmg)
I'll see if I can spot anything in core that could cause this.
Ah found it, IsEmpty needs to be replaced with String.IsEmpty in the script Smile
There is some changes with ID ? Because I have a problem since last Kodi 18 build and last skin shortcuts.

I can't use ID 401, 307 and 302 (icon on the left).

This is my code :

Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="90001">
                    <left>552</left>
                    <top>160</top>
                    <width>1256</width>
                    <height>630</height>
                    <onleft>211</onleft>
                    <onright>60</onright>
                    <onup>90001</onup>
                    <ondown>90001</ondown>
                    <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                    <control type="button" id="401">
                        <description>Choose shortcut</description>
                        <width>1256</width>
                        <include>DefaultSettingButton</include>
                        <label>$ADDON[script.skinshortcuts 32048]</label>
                        <label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Label]</label2>
                        <visible>!String.IsEqual(Container(211).ListItem.Label,OpenELEC) + !String.IsEqual(Container(211).ListItem.Label,LibreELEC)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="button" id="307">
                        <description>Change action</description>
                        <width>1256</width>
                        <include>DefaultSettingButton</include>
                        <label>$ADDON[script.skinshortcuts 32027]</label>
                        <label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(displaypath)]</label2>
                        <visible>!String.IsEqual(Container(211).ListItem.Label,OpenELEC) + !String.IsEqual(Container(211).ListItem.Label,LibreELEC)</visible>
                    </control>

and

Code:
<control type="group">
                    <include>OpenClose_Left</include>
                    <control type="grouplist" id="700">
                    <orientation>vertical</orientation>
                    <itemgap>-16</itemgap>
                    <left>-113</left>
                    <top>295</top>
                    <onup>700</onup>
                    <ondown>700</ondown>
                    <onright>211</onright>
                    <include content="BottomMainMenuItem">
                        <param name="control_id" value="303" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/up.png" />
                    </include>
                        <param name="control_id" value="304" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/down.png" />
                    </include>
                        <param name="control_id" value="301" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/add.png" />
                    </include>
                        <param name="control_id" value="313" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/disable.png" />
                    </include>
                        <param name="control_id" value="302" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/delete.png" />
                    </include>
                </control>
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-12-14, 13:18)BigNoid Wrote: Ah found it, IsEmpty needs to be replaced with String.IsEmpty in the script Smile

Nice spot Smile I'd only updated the StringCompare's, not the IsEmpty's. Can you test PR 209 to check that it's fixed for you? Cheers.

(2016-12-14, 13:33)Guilouz Wrote: There is some changes with ID ? Because I have a problem since last Kodi 18 build and last skin shortcuts.

I can't use ID 401, 307 and 302 (icon on the left).

Likely the same issue, so can you please test the same PR. If that doesn't fix it, a debug log (wiki) will be needed Smile
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8