• 32(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-02-10, 14:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: Maybe you could set a skin setting during Startup.xml and then use that as the visibility condition for the Titan specific functions

Nice suggestion! This actually works as expected and doesn't impact the performance of menu building.
I've just created a whole bunch of those overrides and changed every shortcut back to the native kodi command and it's working great.

I will make sure that this will be updated to stable repo asap after a fews days testing with the beta skin.

Thanks for participating folks.
I wanted to use Aeon Nox with Openelec 5.0.2 on the rPi 2. With Aeon Nox only following issue is reported, whenever I am accessing the main menu:

"Unable to build menu"

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=423625

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong here?
Is there any way to select a default directory to open when selecting a thumbnail? I know how to do it for backgrounds but can't see something similar for thumbs. I'm providing a selection of icons in a skin/extras/icons folder - I know I can individual define each icon but I'd rather just point to the directory.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-02-11, 23:41)thegreatdan Wrote: I wanted to use Aeon Nox with Openelec 5.0.2 on the rPi 2. With Aeon Nox only following issue is reported, whenever I am accessing the main menu:

"Unable to build menu"

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=423625

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong here?

I have exactly the same problem but I run Kodi 14.1 Helix on Windows x64. I also tried it with XBMC 13.2 but the same error occurs with this version too. Very anoying, It is definitly skin related because with Confluence no such problem.
(2015-02-16, 11:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Is there any way to select a default directory to open when selecting a thumbnail? I know how to do it for backgrounds but can't see something similar for thumbs. I'm providing a selection of icons in a skin/extras/icons folder - I know I can individual define each icon but I'd rather just point to the directory.

You could use skin.SetFile (+ adding a preview image in the browse dialog) or create a custom dialog with a list containing special://skin/icons/.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-02-20, 16:50)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 11:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Is there any way to select a default directory to open when selecting a thumbnail? I know how to do it for backgrounds but can't see something similar for thumbs. I'm providing a selection of icons in a skin/extras/icons folder - I know I can individual define each icon but I'd rather just point to the directory.
You could use skin.SetFile (+ adding a preview image in the browse dialog) or create a custom dialog with a list containing special://skin/icons/.

I ended up just writing a little bash script to dump the content of special://skin/extras/icons into a text file and cut and paste it into overrides from there. Not the most elegant, but definitely the quickest solution.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in *.png
do
    echo "<thumbnail label=\"$i\">special://skin/extras/icons/$i</thumbnail>" >> icondump.txt
done

btw.. im not 100% sure you can do a setfile / custom dialog as you would need to know the property to set and afaik this is not directly exposed by skin shortcuts when using it in the default mode..
(2015-02-21, 01:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 16:50)phil65 Wrote:

I ended up just writing a little bash script to dump the content of special://skin/extras/icons into a text file and cut and paste it into overrides from there. Not the most elegant, but definitely the quickest solution.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in *.png
do
    echo "<thumbnail label=\"$i\">special://skin/extras/icons/$i</thumbnail>" >> icondump.txt
done

btw.. im not 100% sure you can do a setfile / custom dialog as you would need to know the property to set and afaik this is not directly exposed by skin shortcuts when using it in the default mode..

no, what i mean is that it could be done without the script.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-02-21, 04:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 01:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 16:50)phil65 Wrote: You could use skin.SetFile (+ adding a preview image in the browse dialog) or create a custom dialog with a list containing special://skin/icons/.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in *.png
do
done

no, what i mean is that it could be done without the script.
But the thumb is attached as a property (ie listitem.thumb) to the menu item which is managed and provided by skinshortcuts. It isnt a skin string so I dont see how setfile could work, unless im misunderstanding something about how the script works....
Currently you can't set a default path for the iconbrowse-dialog in skinshortcuts, you can for backgrounds in the overrides file.
I had exactly the same issue/wish and also ended up by supplying a list of all available icons in the overrides file.

If you show button with 311 in script-skinshortcuts.xml it will show your list of available icons and there still would be a browse button.

Creating your own dialog with this selection is also possible, you can then assign a value to a shortcut item by setting a windows property and then send a click to button 404 on the shortcuts dialog but it will set the value as property on the listitem and not as icon or thumb.

First method (what you actually already did) is the best :-)
Does anyone still have a copy of the modified confluence version that has been hosted here:
https://github.com/unfledged/skin.confluence

I tried to figure out the handling in Confluence but seem to be stuck...
Would like to take a look at how it has been done there...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2015-02-24, 13:02)mad-max Wrote: Does anyone still have a copy of the modified confluence version that has been hosted here:
https://github.com/unfledged/skin.confluence

I tried to figure out the handling in Confluence but seem to be stuck...
Would like to take a look at how it has been done there...

mad-max

Here you go
Thanks Jeroen!
You're welcome. I think it's up to date with the version that was on Unfledged's repo, though not completely sure. It's what I used to get the basic understanding of skin shortcuts though.
Yes, I got the basics pretty well from the examples and was able to port the neccesary changes to the recent Confluence (master branch)
I have just installed Kodi on a windows 7 64 bit machine the same way I have installed xbmc 100 times before, I then installed Phil65 version of Aeon Nox (all good so far) but now when I switch to the Confluence skin I get a message saying "Skin Shortcuts unable to build menu" I've never had this problem before. What do I need to do to fix this?

Edit: I am running ver.14.2 beta1

Edit: Fixed, for some reason I had to change permissions on the Kofi directory.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8