• 35(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
What is the "content" I need to set in order to display PVR-Channels in my Widget for "Live-TV" Menu ?
<content>what-is-the-pvr-url??</content>

Like here:
https://youtu.be/tHeqrHHSc8g?t=23s
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Recently I was exploring code of this add-on with intention to add there new functionality (and maybe do pull request in future).
But instead of that I found that some features doesn't work as I thought and as I would expect.

I mean, <backgrounddefault> from overrides.xml (and basically all "additional properties" defaults like <widgetdefault> or <propertydefault>) is used only in case of "Shortcuts reset" or when menu doesn't exists at all. As user/skinner I would expect that if I define some default for group+labelID combination it'll be used every time it appear in menu. For example when I remove TV Shows from menu and readd it later no defaults are used, when I reset menu everything is back.

Is this intended behavior?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I'm overlooking something.
So creating "recently added drive G movies" is still not possible so far with this script?
Assuming i have a playlist that lists movies from G:\\ path.. how do i call and sort it based on date added?
i can't find the rule for sorting based on recently added items in smart playlist wiki..
The only option i know is randomandlastitem script, but it's too slow for large libraries..

Edit : nevermind smartplaylist is capable of sorting based on date
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227433

Now i just need to know which one is faster for huge library, randomandlastitem or skin shortcut?
Also another thing, I read in the txt files that I can use:
<background label="Images from :TongueLAYLIST::>playlistBackground</background>
in the overides.xml to enable custom backgrounds from playlists to my menu.
But I can't understand what to actually set in the control image itself to show this ?

I have something like this:
Code:
    <variable name="varBackground">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),movie)">special://skin/backgrounds/movies.png</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),weather)">special://skin/weather/$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),playlistBackground)">####What-HERE#####</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background)">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background)]</value>
        <value>special://skin/backgrounds/defaultbackground.png</value>
    </variable>

What to add there? (where the #### signs)
(2015-05-20, 00:26)bambi73 Wrote: Recently I was exploring code of this add-on with intention to add there new functionality (and maybe do pull request in future).
But instead of that I found that some features doesn't work as I thought and as I would expect.

I mean, <backgrounddefault> from overrides.xml (and basically all "additional properties" defaults like <widgetdefault> or <propertydefault>) is used only in case of "Shortcuts reset" or when menu doesn't exists at all. As user/skinner I would expect that if I define some default for group+labelID combination it'll be used every time it appear in menu. For example when I remove TV Shows from menu and readd it later no defaults are used, when I reset menu everything is back.

Its intended behaviour. It's because settings are shared across skins so once a user makes a change skinshortcuts won't override those settings when changing to a new skin unless the user requests a reset to default. If there is a skin specific thing needed then you use the overrides functionality instead of defaults.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-05-21, 02:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 00:26)bambi73 Wrote: Recently I was exploring code of this add-on with intention to add there new functionality (and maybe do pull request in future).

Its intended behaviour. It's because settings are shared across skins so once a user makes a change skinshortcuts won't override those settings when changing to a new skin unless the user requests a reset to default. If there is a skin specific thing needed then you use the overrides functionality instead of defaults.
But all "additional properties" are stored and processed on per-skin level (see <skin_name>.properties file in skin-shortcuts addon data dir), so they doesn't affect settings for other skins. As far as I know only menu structure itself and basic info about items (labels, icon, thumb, action, visibility) is shared between skins.
I'm not really sure what do you mean by last sentence, I was talking about overrides.xml (which backgrounddefault, widgetdefault and propertydefault are part of) not about *.DATA.xml "default" files.
Ah maybe you are right (was writing from my phone so couldn't check anything). I was under the impression that backgrounds etc. got carried over too, but if they don't then I would think that its not intended behaviour.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-05-20, 19:41)tomer953 Wrote: Also another thing, I read in the txt files that I can use:
But I can't understand what to actually set in the control image itself to show this ?

Code:
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),movie)">special://skin/backgrounds/movies.png</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),weather)">special://skin/weather/$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background),playlistBackground)">####What-HERE#####</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background)">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Background)]</value>
    </variable>

Just use a hidden list container.

See:
https://github.com/sualfred/Bello-Kodi-1...18958b3f99
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-05-22, 13:50)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 19:41)tomer953 Wrote: Also another thing, I read in the txt files that I can use:

Code:
    </variable>

Just use a hidden list container.

See:
https://github.com/sualfred/Bello-Kodi-1...18958b3f99

ahhh... got it!
Many thanks....
mmm, about that:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2008217
you have any idea?
(trying to create widget to "live tv" main menu that will show some channels (right now I don't really care what channels [random\firsts\etc...] just to show some...)
If you use the widget system of skinshortcuts:
Create a custom menu (eg: CustomWidgets1), add the channels you want and add it to your overrides as available widget.

If you are searching for the Kodi path to fill the content :
The content path is pvr://channels/tv/%YOURCHANNELGROUP%
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
THANKS AGAIN!
how to list all channels? <content>pvr://channels/tv/</content> show me the groups (and its not clickable), how to show them all ?
(2015-05-22, 15:26)tomer953 Wrote: THANKS AGAIN!
how to list all channels? <content>pvr://channels/tv/</content> show me the groups (and its not clickable), how to show them all ?

pvr://channels/tv/all channels
thanks.
one more thing, If I use content to fill my widget with "video addons" like this:
Code:
<content target="video">addons://sources/video</content>

I get Item "Get More..." - with no action when click.... any way to ignore that item from showing ? or add it an action? (get more..)
(2015-05-23, 11:14)tomer953 Wrote: thanks.
one more thing, If I use content to fill my widget with "video addons" like this:
Code:
<content target="video">addons://sources/video</content>

I get Item "Get More..." - with no action when click.... any way to ignore that item from showing ? or add it an action? (get more..)

I'm afraid that's not possible because that action calls another window instead of list content.
I don't know if you can hide the "add more" button completely though. Maybe ask on the general forums as it isn't related to skin shortcuts ?
No way to hide it unfortunately.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8