XBMCbuntu - 100% CPU, need MySQL server?
Hi.

I've just installed XBMCbuntu on my HTPC, and everything is running pretty well... However I do have one problem: I have a large video-section (not movies), containing different filetypes and nfo-files for each video (about 4100 videos). All files are hosted on my dedicated server running Windows.

The problem is that since I've switched from Windows7 as backend to XBMCbuntu, it takes like 20 seconds to enter the video-library, and the CPU is maxed out (100% utilization).
Can anything be done to this? I've considered letting my server do the SQL-lookups instead of my HTPC (using default SQL Lite). Could this help my CPU in the HTPC getting the file-list faster?
I'm also having this issue when choosing the "party-mode" function to make XBMC auto-create a playlist. The delay exists between every video-file.

HTPC specs:
AMD E-350 1,6 GHz dual-core
4 GB PC1066 DDR3-RAM (2 GB dedicated for gfx)
Samsung 830 SSD (60GB)
XBMCbuntu
Gigabit NIC + Cat5e cable

Server specs:
AMD A4-5300 3,4 GHz dual-core
8GB PC1066 DDR3-RAM (256 dedicated for gfx)
Windows Server
Gigabit NIC + Cat5e cable

Linked together in a gigabit switch

I've tried to search the forum, but didn't find anything related to this issue.

Please help.

Best regards,
Michael
Try posting a debug log - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=log_file

it may help you pinpoint the problem, or at the very least give some more info here.

Smile
This is really weird behaviour. Please upload a debug log (wiki) so I can take a look at what is happening.
the DB should be in your userdata, unless you specified a different location in your advancedsettings.xml, sooo... yeah, very weird.
on a side note:
since your CPU is maxing out at 100%, i'm assuming it is an ATI/ AMD graphics card.
the default ATI drivers (fglrx) will no longer be supported, you should look here -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854
do you really need 2GB of RAM for your gfx? is / are these machines used for gamingHuh
you can easily drop down to 512, if you're just doing video, there's no difference, and the RAM can be utilized by the machine more efficiently.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
We really need more info like Xbmc version in use. Please upload a debug log (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu - 100% CPU, need MySQL server?0