http://mirror.rackcentral.com.au/xbmc/ad...estats.xml

And are there complex stats as well?
Not often and no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
cool

thanks
How often is "not often" ? Is it not automatic?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It is automatic but they are meaningless as it's the sum of all downloads of th addon id ever. Not last version.
Thats alright, I have a script that records the number each day.
(2013-11-20, 07:40)Martijn Wrote: It is automatic but they are meaningless as it's the sum of all downloads of th addon id ever. Not last version.
Why are these "meaningless" numbers are being used for the new official addon database website? Developing a new website with meaningless information doesnt make much sense to me...
@jmarshall: 2.5 years ago you wrote that there are better statistics available (downloads of the latest version).
Why aren't these more representative numbers are being used for this?

What's with the plan for an advanced addon manager within xbmc btw? With statistics, charts, ratings, categories, ...
Is this still planned and worked on?

If Team-XBMC has no interest (or time) to improve it, it would be nice if you could publish these statistics (like simplestats.xml).
Then, some other community members could work on an advanced addon database website with all kind of information like statistics, charts, ratings, categories, comments, links, ...

There are so many addons available, so i think this would be very useful...
Why why why why why.

Simple because of time. Yes we are interested and still want to do it properly, until then you have these stats and you won't get any other.
(2013-11-20, 18:45)Martijn Wrote: Why why why why why.
Sorry. Was just wondering because it's now planned for years...

(2013-11-20, 18:45)Martijn Wrote: Simple because of time. Yes we are interested and still want to do it properly, until then you have these stats and you won't get any other.
So (as i asked before) would it be possible to just publish these raw statistics somehow? That should not be much work.
(2013-11-20, 18:53)uluana Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 18:45)Martijn Wrote: Simple because of time. Yes we are interested and still want to do it properly, until then you have these stats and you won't get any other.
So (as i asked before) would it be possible to just publish these raw statistics somehow?
no it's not possible.
if would have them we would have raw stats we would use them. quite simple.
(2013-11-20, 18:53)uluana Wrote: That should not be much work.

statements like that always make me want to kick people of the forum so be very very carefull with making statements like "should not be much work".
everything takes time and effort.
(2013-11-20, 18:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 18:53)uluana Wrote:
So (as i asked before) would it be possible to just publish these raw statistics somehow?
no it's not possible.
if would have them we would have raw stats we would use them. quite simple.
Ok, thanks! Then it was a misunderstanding. From this 2.5 years old post it sounds like you already have these statistics.

(2013-11-20, 18:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 18:53)uluana Wrote: That should not be much work.

statements like that always make me want to kick people of the forum so be very very carefull with making statements like "should not be much work".
everything takes time and effort.
I thought you already have these other statistics and you could publish them like simplestats.
I was not expecting to get such a feedback for just asking some questions. Sorry again! I give up...
You didnt get the feedback for asking the question. You got the feedback for calling the Devs lazy and/or stupid and/or liars.

If you know enough to be able to say how much work it would be, then you know enough to do it yourself.

If you dont know enough to do it yourself, then don't tell people who do how much work it would be.
I don't think uluana was in any way intending to offend or call devs lazy or stupid. Rather, he/she genuinely thought that things were done, if only in part, and so was asking whether that could become public so that others might be able to use them - a perfectly reasonable request.

Nonetheless, as with everything, a request that is not necessarily as simple as flipping a switch. In this case, the scripts aren't written, so that needs doing first.

It's easy to take things the wrong way on a forum. Everyone is not an arse. Unfortunately there's a positive feedback loop: If you assume the person you're responding to is an arse, you're more likely to respond in an arsey manner.

@uluana: I assure you that everyone involved in the server side of things is working to make sure things improve. Indeed, behind the scenes there's been awesome work on the server side of things, as well as on the front end. It will take time, but now that we have a public output for statistics, the quality of those statistics will improve rather more quickly than they would if there wasn't that obvious, public use.

We know what we want, but the scripts need to be written. This will take a bit of time, so you'll need a bit more patience.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How often are the simple stats updated?0