Req Shows what brokes an addon
Hi.

Give to the user more information why addon shows broken or incompatible. Its very hard to find/explain what's wrong.. e.g. what module is missing..

Thanks
yeah! where do you plan to get your PhD in log reading?
It's mentioned in the default log and also says contact author. He should be sufficient knowledgeable to tell you.
Even if we would tell in GUI most of the users won't even know what to do
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ironic i already had one...

Ok I agree with you +-, could show on GUI with the new "expert" level.
Too much information too display. Just check the log (as that is the intention of a log)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's not that it's too much information, it's that it's quite a bit of code that needs adding/rearranging to enable it.

I'd welcome a patch to do so. You'd need to check AddonInstaller::CheckDependencies() or thereabouts and change it to produce a list of required dependencies (and dependencies of dependencies). You'd then need to go through and eliminate ones already available to get down to the ones that cause the add-on to be marked as incompatible. And finally, format that up for the user-interface. Note that ideally you'd only want the first dependency in the tree (i.e. you probably don't want to list dependencies of dependencies).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows what brokes an addon0