Q190 vs laptop
Just reading some of the posts here, I noticed that the the Q190 seems to be popular device for XBMC.

I'm just wondering, why go that route when you can get an HP laptop with a third generation i3 processor for less (see below link)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-34-l...Id=2255015

Thank you
The nice thing about the Q190 is the fact that it is about the smallest mini PC on the market. Also that I can sandwitch the Q190 between a couple books on my bookshelf next to my HDTV and have it even look like a book and I can't with a netbook or ultrabook and definitely not a laptop says a lot.

You can certainly go the way of a laptop but it would be a little cumbersome IMO. Where my Q190 sits there's no room for a laptop so it's out of the question for me. You can definitely buy more powerful laptops that's for sure but when I was looking for an HTPC I was looking for small form factor and not a super powerful PC.

The Q190 is just right for XBMC so you need to ask yourself what do you want to use it for? If your just wanting to use it to run XBMC and that's it then the Q190 is plenty for what you need. If your wanting to get more out of it like ripping or converting and such then I'd go with something more powerful. If your dead set on getting a laptop I would spend a little more and go with one of the new ultra books instead.
Great question! Especially since I use the Q190 and LOVE it,...and I also use a laptop (see my signature tag below) and also LOVE it!
This is similar to the: Which is better, Windows, Linux, Solaris, HPUX, AIX,......
and the answer is, they are all better. But it depends on the task you need to accomplish.

So for me,...as AcID0r3 said the Q190 is awesome because it runs XBMC flawlessly, and blends in and disappears on a bookshelf.
However,....my laptop is awesome since it runs XBMC flawlessly, and I can take it with me to friends' houses and plug into their TV and show them the WOW factor!

One thing I would say,...don't go overboard and get more than you need. Stick within your budget.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Q190 vs laptop0