First surround system buy, need help
First of all this is my first time here so hello everyone Smile

Secondly i need help.

I'm thinking about buying a surroud sound system but i don't understand much about that.

I have 3 systems i can afford

1 Samsung, the HT-F5530

And the other 2 are Pioneer, the HTP-072 and the MCS-333

They're all around 300€ and i'm not thinking of paying much more than that.

The other "problem" that i have is not having too much space, the samsung one as 2 central speakers on stands and the pioneer one is wall-mounted but if you guys think that the samsung one is better i'll find some space for them.

Also my current setup is like this

TV- Sony KDL 40W4000

XBMC PC- Case: Fractal Design Node 304

- Motherboard: ASrock FM2A85X-ITX

- CPU: AMD A6-6400k

- RAM: Kingston 4GB 1866

- PSU: Corsair RM450

- OS HDD: Mushkin Chronos 60gb 7mm

- Storage HDD: WDC WD30EZRX

If someone needs more details on something just ask me

I leave my thanks in advance for anyone that helps me
Surround systems are difficult, the best option is to spend AS MUCH as possible, this one gets very good reviews, although a tad over your budget.

http://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-h...review.588

You should also take into account the room the system will inhabit, it's shape, furnishings, textiles, (carpets, curtains etc) it all adds to how well the system will interact with what you hope to achieve.

My own system is a Sony DA2400ES amp combined with Polk Audio speakers/sub, the Amp is a replacement for the Yamaha that I originally had, but burnt out after 10 years faithful service. Total cost back in 2000 was £1300+, but the best damned investment I ever made, years of amazing service.

If I HAD to start from scratch, the above link I gave would definitely be trialled. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice evangelion. I think i can manage the extra cost of that AIO system. I don't think i'll need an ultra expensive system because for me the TV sound is just fine, i just want that extra feel and depth that a surround system has.

And as for the setup it should be something like connect hdmi cable from pc to receiver and hdmi cable from receiver to tv and activate all those audio options in xbmc, is that correct?
Those system packages are not good sound wise.

Do it properly and get something like denon avr1713 and paradigm cinema ct90 or ct100 speakers .....(about the cheapest good ht you can get).

Or....Just buy a soundbar with subwoofer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First surround system buy, need help0