For devs: Addon to zip script
Addon to zip script

To all add-on devs out there, do you hate that damn add-on folder zipping after each new release?
This python script will do this job for you with only one click.

Dowload, change the path and add-on name and simple run this scipt.

-> XBMC-Addon-to-zip <-

Features:
  • zip the add-on folder into script.example-0.1.1.zip
  • get the version number from the addon.xml
  • exclude all unecessary files (.pyo, .pyc, .project, .pydevproject, .gitignore, .git)
Cool!
Nice. Few suggestions (assuming this is the standard workflow for every type of add-on):

- Copy the addon.xml from source to destination
- Copy the changelog.txt from source to destination, and rename to changelog-ver.txt
- Exclude all the extra crap OSX would otherwise zip

Edit: right, an exe file, so not going to work on OSX..
(2013-11-22, 15:52)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Nice. Few suggestions (assuming this is the standard workflow for every type of add-on):

- Copy the changelog.txt from source to destination, and rename to changelog-ver.txt

1. the addon.xml will be included in the zip or what do you mean?
2. changelog is also copied, is renaming necessary for an add-on? (I see only add-ons with one changelog file)
3. ok, could you name the file extensions? have no Mac to test.

thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: yes, but maybe there is a 7zip package for OSX.
Some more feature requests

- Check for icon
- Check for screenshot001.jpg
(2013-11-22, 16:01)Jandalf Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 15:52)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Nice. Few suggestions (assuming this is the standard workflow for every type of add-on):

1. the addon.xml will be included in the zip or what do you mean?
2. changelog is also copied, is renaming necessary for an add-on? (I see only add-ons with one changelog file)
3. ok, could you name the file extensions? have no Mac to test.

thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: yes, but maybe there is a 7zip package for OSX.

1. I believe addon.xml needs to be in your repository, outside the zip. So the repo contents are addon-version.zip, changelog-version.txt, addon.xml, icon.png, fanart.jpg. If the script would copy the addon.xml and the changelog once less manual step would be needed.
2. See the answer above
3. .DS_Store, .AppleDouble to name couple. Could every hidden file starting with a dot be removed? Cannot think of any reason where those are needed in an add-on?
(2013-11-22, 17:34)zag Wrote: Some more feature requests

- Check for icon
- Check for screenshot001.jpg
What do you mean with check? Check if these are present? Throw a warning or stop if not?

(2013-11-22, 18:35)SpaceMonkey Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 16:01)Jandalf Wrote: [quote='SpaceMonkey' pid='1556414' dateline='1385128366']
-snip

1. I believe addon.xml needs to be in your repository, outside the zip. So the repo contents are addon-version.zip, changelog-version.txt, addon.xml, icon.png, fanart.jpg. If the script would copy the addon.xml and the changelog once less manual step would be needed.
2. See the answer above
3. .DS_Store, .AppleDouble to name couple. Could every hidden file starting with a dot be removed? Cannot think of any reason where those are needed in an add-on?

1. could you please quote this, never heard about it... is this a requirement for a repo add-on? (I don't develop one...)
if this es really necessary, I need a switch between repo and non repo add-ons.
3. yes, you are right, done.

XBMC-Addon-to-zip-0.2.zip
I cannot find any info about the required repo structure anymore from the XBMC wiki. There was at least something at some point. I remember it took trial and error to get it right when i created my repo.

This is the structure i use and it works, i don't know how others do it:

ok, then feel free to adapt the script to your preferences, I don't want to overload the script with different cases until more people need it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For devs: Addon to zip script0