Req New List Container?
Hi everyone.
First of all I want to thanks all XBMC developers for absolutely amazing work you do. Well done guys.
My request is about new List Container. As far as I know we have already 3 List containers available: List, Wrap list and Fixed list.
What I would like to accomplish is to have list that scroll entire page when focus reaches end of page.

Lets say that we have list of 20 items with 5 items visible on page. You start to navigate from first item and reach 5th item (so the last one on page). Then when you want to navigate to 6th item (1st item on page 2) which is on next page it will scroll whole page and highlight first item on page 2 (6th item on entire list).
Well, I tried to explain it as well as I can, but please let me know if it's not clear.

I think it would be helpful for navigating lists with many items like 100-200 and more (eg. PVR channel list etc.). Please guys let me know what you think.
Or maybe it's already available so I am not aware of.

Thanks a lot.
easier might be to add a scroll amount attribute to the existing containers. should have the same effect if I understood you correctly.
I put some short video of the list that behaves the way I described. Sorry for bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-lS6jGVcE

Note, that when navigate to last item the next click down will move to first item on next page. Also when navigate to first item the next click up will move to last item on previous page.

Is this possible in XBMC?

Regards.
No, it's not currently possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall, what do you think about adding such a "scrollamount" attribute (or something that fits with current namings). So by default it would be 1, which means that the list only scrolls one item if the end of a "page" is reached. If your list has a height of 8 items and you change the amount to 8 it would scroll an entire page.
You could make a supertall list and animate itself to slide up according to item selected i.e. condition for sliding up is item 6 is selected... then 12 then 18..
..but it would work only if you know the numbers of items.

i did something similar in Home.xml of my skins. But way less complex, it just slides a whole panel up when a certain row is selected (and all subsequent ones)
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2013-11-22, 12:53)nhsman Wrote: I put some short video of the list that behaves the way I described. Sorry for bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-lS6jGVcE

Note, that when navigate to last item the next click down will move to first item on next page. Also when navigate to first item the next click up will move to last item on previous page.

Is this possible in XBMC?

Regards.

I have requested it while ago for the panel container. Ticket was closed http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12878 but there's a link to a discussion about it.

It would be nice to have it for all containers not just lists.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Well, I think that it would make navigation of big list/panel much easier. But as always it is up to developers whether they add it or not. Hope that they will find some time to have a look at it in near future.
Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New List Container?0