Win Mediaportal PVR and DVB-S blocks and distortion
I have run into a showstopper - I can't get DVB-S TV channels to work properly in XBMC clients. It runs fine in XBMC locally on the TV server.

The picture is full of blocks and distortion (and glitches in the sound). DVB-S2 (HD) is even worse. The funny thing is that I can play DVB-T channels (720P) from the same server without problems. I've tried different versions of both XBMC (12.2 and up) and TVServerXBMC plugin v1.5.0.124 and the previous v1.4.0.124, and MediaPortal v 1.4.0 and 1.5.0.

Log files: xbmc.log, TSWriter log, TVService.log

I've tried different rendering, with and without DXVA, and on two different clients (Windows 7 32 and 64 bit). I've tried on WLAN, 100Mb and 1Gb LAN - same problem. I can play recordings without any problems.

Any ideas anyone?
Hi. I have the same Problems on a local Installation an Windows 7 32 bit. Wired is, watching and recording tv was no Problem for 1 eveneing. On the next day there wer a lot of glitches and breaks in the stream. Sometimes it freezed. A reboot didn't help...
Code:
23:04:13 T:4900   ERROR: ffmpeg[1324]: [mpeg2video] ac-tex damaged at 10 32
23:04:13 T:4900   ERROR: ffmpeg[1324]: [mpeg2video] ac-tex damaged at 43 34
23:04:13 T:4900   ERROR: ffmpeg[1324]: [mpeg2video] slice below image (43 >= 36)
23:04:13 T:4900   ERROR: ffmpeg[1324]: [mp3] Header missing
23:04:27 T:4544   ERROR: ffmpeg[11C0]: [mpeg2video] slice below image (61 >= 36)
23:04:27 T:4544   ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Decode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure

Hmm... seems that ffmpeg has troubles with the TV stream. The PVR addon only reads the raw data from the MediaPortal timeshift buffer file, so I can't fix this at the addon side.
If I understand you right, it works fine on the machine with a local MediaPortal backend and not on the remote systems, even when you are using a wired network?
Might be that something in your network (like QoS) is disturbing constant streaming.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thank you for your reply

Yes, you're right - I have a multiseat configuration. XMBC on the same PC as the Mediaportal TV server works fine, it's the clients that don't work.

I agree that it may look like a network issue, but the only thing between the PCs are an unmanaged switch - no QoS. In fact, it appears to get worse the higher the bandwidth is. I tried a newer version at work and connected to my TV server over an IPSec connection, and the problem appeared to be gone! OK, it stopped and buffered due to the low bandwidth, but there were no blocks or glitches, but when I got home and connected over the WLAN and LAN, the problem was still there. Don't pay too much attention to this though, it may have been an error of observation on my part. Also, why can I play DVB-T (720p) channels without problems? Mediaportal TV client works fine on the same PCs. The XBMC clients works fine if I use ffmpeg instead of TSReader - but then I have no timeshift (which is a must when moving from Mediaportal).

I should mention that the TV server is not the newest model on the market (HP d530 Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz 1 Core, 2 Logical Processors)

I'm very keen to get this working, so if something I can do to further investigate...
I installed the latest nightly build today (Dec 8), and now DVB-S works! It may be for other reasons of course, but I can't think of any other changes. Hope it lasts!

DVB-S2 is also a lot better, but still not usable.

EDIT: Tested a client that still ran the 2013-11-20 release, now that works too - i.e. something else has changed ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaportal PVR and DVB-S blocks and distortion0