• 5(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hey Deano316, welcome back mate!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-09, 20:59)capfuturo Wrote: Hey Deano316, welcome back mate!

Thank you bro, it's good to be back. Looks like Nox is getting left behind at the moment, something tells me that won't last long Wink
Rob, just wanted to say great job on all the hard work you've put into this. Sorry I disappeared for a while there, but I'm glad you took what I had and then made it significantly better and usable for the masses.
(2013-12-15, 07:49)brentosmith Wrote: Rob, just wanted to say great job on all the hard work you've put into this. Sorry I disappeared for a while there, but I'm glad you took what I had and then made it significantly better and usable for the masses.

Hi brentosmith!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you were OK with me stealing your early idea!!

You do have a lot to answer for!!! Big Grin I started by just making a couple of small tweaks to your DvdExtras addon - and somehow I have now ended maintaining & enhancing TvTunes and a reworked VideoExtras!!

Out of interest, are you still using XBMC?

Rob
I am still using XBMC and installed both these Addons yesterday and they are working great!

I don't really consider what you did as stealing. That is the great thing about open source software, anybody can take what exists and make it better.
Consider yourself both founders of Movie extras in XBMC. The community owes you both a big thank you for your work Wink Good to see you back brentosmith, all we need now is the return of Big Noid to complete the roster!! Big Grin
Hey Rob I found and issue when using the extras with file tag feature. It is matching any file in the same directory with that tag instead of checking the filename. So for example in this list if I want select extras for episode 1 I'm getting Extended Pilot, Deleted Scenes, and Bloopers instead of just getting Extended Pilot.
s1e1.mkv
s1e1-extras-Extended Pilot.mkv
s1e2.mkv
s1e2-extras-Deleted Scenes.mkv
s1e3.mkv
s1e3-extras-Bloopers.mkv

I changed the check in getExtrasFiles to this and it seems to work for me.
if not self._shouldSkipFile(aFile) and (extrasTag in aFile) and aFile.startswith(os.path.splitext(filename)[0] + extrasTag):
(2013-12-23, 02:20)brentosmith Wrote: Hey Rob I found and issue when using the extras with file tag feature. It is matching any file in the same directory with that tag instead of checking the filename. So for example in this list if I want select extras for episode 1 I'm getting Extended Pilot, Deleted Scenes, and Bloopers instead of just getting Extended Pilot.
s1e1.mkv
s1e1-extras-Extended Pilot.mkv
s1e2.mkv
s1e2-extras-Deleted Scenes.mkv
s1e3.mkv
s1e3-extras-Bloopers.mkv

I changed the check in getExtrasFiles to this and it seems to work for me.
if not self._shouldSkipFile(aFile) and (extrasTag in aFile) and aFile.startswith(os.path.splitext(filename)[0] + extrasTag):

Thanks, I don't think that many people use that method (I think the sub-directory is the most popular).

Please can you quickly verify that I applied the fix correctly and that it works on your system when you have a minute:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=172

Thanks

Rob
Your patch works for me, thanks for applying it. I use the subdirectory method for most things, but I still have some of these left over from a while back.
WTF am I doing wrong. I have installed the add on but cannot getting it working in Confluence or Aeon Nox. I downloaded Confluence Modified and it is working fine in that skin so the add on has been setup correctly. I must be modifying the DialogVideoInfo.xml incorrectly under the other skins I guess? This is what I have added into the nox DialogVideoInfo.xml.

Top of file:
Code:
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">5000</defaultcontrol>
    <onload>AlarmClock(ActorIconMove,Control.Move(50,3),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

Bottom of file:
Code:
</control>
            <control type="button" id="105">
            <description>Extras</description>
            <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
            <label>Extras</label>
            <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onclick>
            <visible>System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)
             + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)]
             + IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton"))</visible>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

Any ideas?
What do you mean by "cannot getting it working"? - what isn't working?

Is it:

1) The extras button does not display on the Info screen
2) The list does not display extras correctly

You will need to give more details before anyone can help you.

Rob
Ahhh sorry, should have been more detailed and less emotional, nothing seems to be working for me this week and its getting to me.

Anyhow, I cannot get the Extras button to display under Confluence and Nox, I have tried enabling the Force Extras Button Display and also tried disabling the Detailed List Screen, neither of which made a difference.

When I switch to Confluence Modified it is working perfectly, Extras button is displaying and the content is viewable.
Sounds like the hooks in the Skin XML have a problem - maybe check the ID used for the button to make sure it is unique

I assume this is Frodo?
Yes latest stable release 12.3.

Forgive me but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean check that the button ID within the DialogVideoInfo.xml is unique within that file or against other files?

I have checked within DialogVideoInfo.xml and there is no other id="105".
OK I have managed to get the Confluence skin working. In the DialogVideoInfo.xml I had to place the "control type" code for Extras after the control code for "Play/browse to Show". It wouldn't work when I placed it at the bottom of the DialogVideoInfo.xml file.

I guess I jsuit ahve to find the correct spot for it to sit within the DialogVideoInfo.xml for Nox and I'll be right.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2