• 51(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-12-17, 17:09)gferley Wrote: Hi Rob et al.:

First off, thanks Rob and any others for a great addon. My question is related to Choppasmith's in that I too am specifying extras for specific TV episodes (Doctor Who comes to mind). I have everything working, including overlays in Confluence, running Gotham 13.2 against MySQL shared DB, but cannot get overlays on specific TV episode extras to display, nor even for those extras to show up when "browsing" extras. Season-level extras in their own directories work correctly as do movie extras both in separate directories and individually-tagged files. These "episode" extras do get scanned, and the "Extras" button does appear in the Info subpage, just no overlays in the season episode lists or entries in the addon extras browser. (The setting to force display of the extras button is not set).

Is this expected behavior? Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I've been through all 50 forum pages while setting this up, and I don't think it has as I am experiencing it. I was about to investigate the code, but figure I should ask the question to save myself a possible headache if there is nothing that could be done. Cheers to anyone who responds.

Hi gferley,

Welcome to the forum!

The overlays will only go as far as the TV Show or Movie - it's not possible to do things at the episode layer. It was a lot of "hacking" to get it working for anything, so I don't thing I can get it to support just episodes.

Thanks

Rob

Edit: And reading all 50 pages - that's quite something!

(2014-12-13, 03:02)jmuck78 Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 17:57)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 23:22)jmuck78 Wrote: OK, this is simple:
replace if sys.version_info < (2, 7)

with if sys.version_info < (2.7)

I tried that, and the issue resolves.

For this bit of code I have followed the recommendation at this location:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173887

I am reluctant to change it unless Martijn is planning to change his recommendation for this.

If you wanted to chase this up with Martijn, then please feel free - I'll follow his lead on this one (After all he is far more knowledgable in this area than me!).

Thanks

Rob

I don't disagree with the logic, but I think there is obviously a syntax error in there somewhere - as the current implementation generates an error message. You might ask Martijn if he meant for his recommended code to be followed to the letter (which I would note VideoExtras didn't do either), or if the logic is correct while the syntax may need to be corrected. I simply corrected the syntax.

I have been thinking about this one. I don't think using:

Code:
if sys.version_info < (2.7)

Is actually solving your problem, just hiding it, as it will force things down one route, meaning different json libraries are used. I think your main problem is that "simplejson" is not available on yopur system when it should be. I guess most people get it pulled in from elsewhere (other addons using it). It looks like it was missing from the VideoExtras addon.xml file, should be fixed under:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=590

Rob
Hi Rob and co.

I see that you're all still doing great work here, so well done and thanks, guys!

I just installed Kodi Helix on my new Tesco Hudl 2 (Android Intel) tablet and found that it works brilliantly as a 1080p, HDMI media player, in combination with the XBMC Remote app. I got it connected to my SMB media shares within seconds and had it's database built and showing all my movies and TV shows within minutes.

This prompted me to update to Helix on my other devices.

EDIT: The comments below regard my experience of installing on my Linux and Windows devices; I haven't been able to find the config files for any of the compatible skins on Android, yet. The 'Extras' button, however, does show up on some skins. Extras do not. Android experiences, anyone?

Under Helix, I got VideoExtras working for Confluence and after a little messing around, found that there have been some minor changes in the file paths and locations as well as UI hooks etc. This means that the Wiki and instructions will need updating to reflect this. I intend have a stab at updating the Wiki as soon as I get a chance, but I thought I'd run it past you guys here before I start messing around with the documentation.

One final thought: I see that the Confluence devs seem to be all against adding VideoExtras support to their default UI, but (as long as the Confluence theme is not radically changed, too often) would it be feasible to include a small script in the installer which would automatically patch the relevent XML files? Is this a silly idea? It's just that it could make installation more noob-friendly and lead to wider adoption, thus making the arguments against inclusion in Confluence largely moot.

Rich.
Hi Rich,

Please feel free to update the wiki if you find a mistake in it.

For the automated update of the confluence skin by the click of a button - I'm not sure that would be allowed? It should be technically possible that in the settings we add a button for "Update Confluence Skin" - and when the user selects it - the XML is parsed and the new additions added.(And similarly for the advancedsettings.xml)

However, once added, then I'm not sure it will be allowed in the official repo - maybe if we get pre-agreement that the work would not be wasted - then I'd be willing to give it a go - I think the person to ask is Martijn (or Ronie can quite often help with these things).

I believe there are certain exceptions given to established addons for some rules - now VideoExtras has been arround for a while (and appears to be used by quite a few people) - it may be allowed to do this sort of thing. (And being triggered by the user via a button selected by the user (and an obvious warning displayed), may also help it be accepted?

Thanks

Rob
There are some times where you can't simply edit the confluence skin. Case in point - openelec where confluence is part of a readonly filesystem. Sure you can copy the whole skin to .kodi/addons where it will take precedence over /usr/share/kodi, but I'm not sure that is the 'right' thing to do either.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi all,

I need your assistance in getting the appropriate flag on the movie poster indicating that there are extras. I am running Kodi 14 Helix, my skin is Aeon MQ5 Helix 6.1.4 and have installed the latest version (1.1.9) of the VideoExtras plugin directly from within Kodi. Have everything left at default, I have created an extras subfolder called "Extras" within each movie's folder, I have confirmed that the plugin works as it should (I can see and play the extras by going into each movie's information menu), but for the life of me, I can't understand what I must do in order to get the extras flag visible on the movie's poster. Can you please tell me if there's something else I should do? What am I missing here?
(2014-12-28, 14:47)cutter Wrote: Hi all,

I need your assistance in getting the appropriate flag on the movie poster indicating that there are extras. I am running Kodi 14 Helix, my skin is Aeon MQ5 Helix 6.1.4 and have installed the latest version (1.1.9) of the VideoExtras plugin directly from within Kodi. Have everything left at default, I have created an extras subfolder called "Extras" within each movie's folder, I have confirmed that the plugin works as it should (I can see and play the extras by going into each movie's information menu), but for the life of me, I can't understand what I must do in order to get the extras flag visible on the movie's poster. Can you please tell me if there's something else I should do? What am I missing here?

One thing to check is to make sure the VideoExtras Settings have "Allow caching of extras at startup" enabled - past that, it will all depend how the skin has enabled this feature (If they have)

Thanks

Rob
I made sure that "Allow caching of extras at startup" is enabled. I was hoping that I had forgotten to copy a necessary jpg or something for the flag. Oh well, it's strange since Aeon MQ is probably the most popular skin for xbmc that the add-in won't support it (or vice versa), but it is what it is. Thank you for your reply Rob.

(2014-12-28, 15:25)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 14:47)cutter Wrote: Hi all,

One thing to check is to make sure the VideoExtras Settings have "Allow caching of extras at startup" enabled - past that, it will all depend how the skin has enabled this feature (If they have)

Thanks

Rob
@cutter: it is the other way around, Aeon MQ5 has not developed support for VideoExtras Flags. As Rob explained to you, this is something each skin has to enable in order to get it working. I advise you to request it at the skin's support thread. The flags are ready and working in the default skin Confluence, and in other skins for which skinners have implemented support.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi All,

I thought I would start with something simple. So have added a bit to do the "VideoExtras excludes" so a new button on the settings first page.

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=607

Please feel free to have a play, if people like this one - I may look at adding a bit more automation to save a lot of manual edits.

Rob
"To you Rob and all the good chaps here, a pinch and a cheer for the 1st of the year. And a happy New Year"
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi All,

Over the last week or so I have been working on making Video Extras easier to start using. This includes me starting to re-work the wiki a little bit. The first phase of that is to add a Quickstart Guide:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras...tart_Guide

This should help new users get going with VideoExtras. It also highlights new functionality that automates some of the manual patching, so it may be worth people having a quick read, even if you already have VideoExtras running on your system.

In adition so some of this automation, I have added a feature to allow you to change the Overlay and icon images used in VideoExtras:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras#Advanced

The new version that supports these new additions is available in the official repo:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/sc...deoextras/

Please feel free to give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Rob
Thanks for that - this looks great. Is this not Helix/14 compatible? My installation failed, both from the repo and from the zip file. I used to have an earlier version of Video Extras, but it seems to have disappeared since I upgraded to Helix.

Update: I was able to install it successfully after deleting the old script.videoextras folder. However, now when I go into a movie details page, a popup says "Error - Script Failed! VideoExtras" The "Extras" tab is there, but when I click on it the error pops up again.

Also, when I try to get into settings, it says the add-on can't be configured.

I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham Plus in Helix. The same thing happens in Black Glass Nova.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Similar issues as the post above here is my log
Hi All,

Looks like the latest publish run has had errors that means the subdirectories have not been included in the zip file.

I have emailed the publish email thread to see it Martijn is able to take a look.

Sit tight!

Rob
Same exception as mikesilvo164,
ImportError: No module named settings
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2