RemotePi Rpi power and universal remote ir
I didn't see this posted anywhere so didn't know if anybody new about it. You can power cycle your Raspberry Pi on and off with it. Plus it has universal ir learning capabilities. It was something I've been looking for, and found it at http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...63&t=59896. This makes Rpi way better as a media pc for me. I hate having to unplug the the thing when not using it.

I havn't unplugged mine in months. Smile

But great product, must come in use for some.
Wow it's huge !, except the top (uUSB, buttons) it's all through-hole, hand soldered ? omg, I love it, beautiful.
Shame it's not oss/osh, I want to fabricate one myself although I'm sure I won't turn off my RPi's.
It's a little bit pricy, but I guess this only a question of quantity.
Fitting this board means that RPi will not fit in a case Wink
It looks like it's lower than the usb ports housing. I'm sure there will have to be a hole drilled in the top for the learning button. And cut outs for new power port, light, and ir receiver if case is not clear. I bought one to play with, so I guess I will find out eventually.

I probably won't get one myself since I've already fashioned a reset button on my case to restart the unit, but it is very appealing to be able to stop/start it with a single remote control keypress and this will be a big plus for the RPi as an XBMC box. As for the price, it's all relative. In relation to the incredibly low price of the RPi, it may seem high, but priced on it's own and compared with other remote control accessories, it seems very reasonable.
Looking at this again I'm reverting my remark, price isn't steep.

The main issue with the design is that it will fit only translucent/transparent cases, an added hole for the power wouldn't be visible but one for the phototransistor would.
I think that it may be a good idea to have the phototransistor removeable and to add some wires so users may be able to relocate it (although I'm not sure about voltage drop and noise).
For example this is how I use jumper wires to add phototransistor to my RPi without soldering and without cutting through the case.

watch gallery

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RemotePi Rpi power and universal remote ir0