Show number of recordings in episode title
I think it would be nice to show the # of recordings in episode title when using the hierarchical listing.

I would be happy to look at doing this enhancement myself but wanted to toss out the idea first. I could simply put the number of recordings between parenthesis like in the WMC client or I though would be cool is to show the number of new episodes vs repeats.

Any thoughts on how this should display?
I think that's a great idea, make it settable in the 'recordings' tab and have the format settable there too - then people can display it however they want.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Krusty,

After looking at you code again and thinking about this, I am pretty sure this feature is not going to be easy or at least not at the server.

Correct me if I am wrong but you just set the recording directory as recordings come to you from WMC. They aren't in any particular order correct?

If so:
To make this work in the server, we would need to preprocess the recordings place the series name in a dictionary, that would keep track of the episode count.

I think this would be far, far easier to implement in XBMC , not the addon but whatever renders the recording listing.
(2013-11-24, 21:25)spinnaker Wrote: Krusty,

After looking at you code again and thinking about this, I am pretty sure this feature is not going to be easy or at least not at the server.

Correct me if I am wrong but you just set the recording directory as recordings come to you from WMC. They aren't in any particular order correct?

If so:
To make this work in the server, we would need to preprocess the recordings place the series name in a dictionary, that would keep track of the episode count.

I think this would be far, far easier to implement in XBMC , not the addon but whatever renders the recording listing.

Its easily handled on the server side, in fact some of the code that is already written will likely get you most of the way there. See recService::GetRecordings. Before the main loop there is a dictionary collecting loop there that finds all the series names and counts 'possible' episodes for each. Check it out.

Not sure if others are interested in code discussions, but what the heck.
That's good. I got the UI all working for the new option. Glad my work did not go to waste. Smile
(2013-11-25, 05:02)spinnaker Wrote: That's good. I got the UI all working for the new option. Glad my work did not go to waste. Smile

Great. Are you going to push up the changes?
Baby steps my friend, baby steps. Smile

Besides I just spent most of my evening trying to fix my one TV. Somehow I blew out all of my HDMI ports. Believe it or not, it was caused by a short I caused when I did a bonehead thing and turned on a light switch to a fixture in the bathroom I had disassembled for painting

Just one month out of warranty. I contacted Spcetre and from their response, I thought they were going to repair it for me but when I look at the RMA, for, it says Non Warranty! They gave me no price for the repair.

But I digress. I spent the remainder of the evening setting up my development PC. Have it up and running with the virtual tuner. I see the list that you mentioned. I was able to debug into it. Yes that should work. Hope to have something by end of week. In this version I think we will simply have the number of episodes in the series. The New and Rerun feature can come later.

But time to watch the Walking Dead now. And try to figure out my issue with Unbox!
Guess what's working? Smile

Pretty cool we now have episode count the series title. I want to do some testing on my regular Media Center PC.

Should I just zip it up to you and send it? I never checked anything into BitBucket before. If you can email me instructions, I could give it a try. I did create this project as a clone if it makes any difference.

What would be nice is if we could right justify the Episode information in the series name. But I think the only way we could do that is to know the max characters in the series name when is displayed by xbmc.
If you have cloned the repo into your own one, then you can use any mercurial client (such as SourceTree or TortoiseHg) to commit your changes into your local repo, then push up to your bitcucket repo.

Once they are in your bitbucket repo you can click the Pull Request at the top right, to send a pull request to krusty's repo for him to accept the changes

Or yeah, you can just email the changed files to krusty or me (ideally you should get yourself setup though so you can contribute more Smile )

Oh - before you do any of your changes, you should also make sure to go to your bitbucket area and "sync" any of krusty's changes across into yours, then from your local client "pull" those down from your bitbucket to your local repo.

When all else fails you can always copy your changed files somewhere safe, blow away everything, get it all up to date/fresh etc, then copy your changes back in and commit, push to your bitbucket, then send krusty a pull requestSmile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-11-27, 03:37)spinnaker Wrote: Guess what's working? Smile

Pretty cool we now have episode count the series title. I want to do some testing on my regular Media Center PC.

Should I just zip it up to you and send it? I never checked anything into BitBucket before. If you can email me instructions, I could give it a try. I did create this project as a clone if it makes any difference.

What would be nice is if we could right justify the Episode information in the series name. But I think the only way we could do that is to know the max characters in the series name when is displayed by xbmc.

That's great spinnaker. Looking forward to it. If you have trouble implementing scarecrows instructions you can email me and I'll walk you through it.

BTW sorry about your hdmi ports. I helped invent that tech, but don't hold me responsible Smile. How did you watch the walking dead without it?
(2013-11-27, 07:39)krustyreturns Wrote: [

BTW sorry about your hdmi ports. I helped invent that tech, but don't hold me responsible Smile. How did you watch the walking dead without it?

It's my secondary The one in my office. Sceptra is repairing it under warranty. I suspect they have had issues wit the HDMI ports as I saw lots of post on HDMI issues and Sceptra.

But it will take a few weeks so any updates from me will suffer. No TV in the office. Sad.
Hey spinnaker, wondering how your tests have gone?
(2013-11-29, 22:18)bandook Wrote: Hey spinnaker, wondering how your tests have gone?

Was just about to test that on my regular media center PC.

Other enhancements I have made:

1 Changed default / separator for channel format to -.
2. Optional balloon text.
3. Made server window now resizable.
Sweet! I will also have time tomorrow to play with my main HTPC. I'll look into what you said about the recording from buffer. Keep up the good work man. I think this is gonna be brilliant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show number of recordings in episode title0